Chap Repairs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I concur. Chaps to me are a 1 time use type of tool as far as them getting damaged. Just like a bullet proof vest, if you ever actually get shot while wearing it, you toss it or hang it on a wall. Once the Kevlar breaks down or gets damaged, it no longer works like it's supposed to.

too bad they don't sell individual legs.

You mean prosthetics?

Some places sell cut resistant inserts that can be replaced individually (e.g. Labonville Labonville 6 Ply Kevlar-Polyester Safety Pad Inserts (SP500KPL)).

I actually have an NOS pair of chaps that 'came' with a CL saw. Dated 1985, so I just have no confidence in them. I split them into 2, individual chap halves (instead of a 'pair') and saving them for a GTG demo. No protective material up in the area where they are joined - I suppose that you 'could' splice two sets together if you had one 'good' right leg and one 'good' left leg to make a set of 'Franken-Chaps'. Better than nothing, but again, they are 'safety' equipment.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back