Check out my 372XP dogs! Feedback welcomed!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am building a "sleeper" 365 special for a buddy (ported OEM 372 XPW top end in 365 cases with the low rise air cleaner) and would like a set for his saw as well. Might ruin the whole sleeper vibe but if i painted them semi gloss black maybe?

Joe

Paint probably wouldn't hold up so well, might be better off with powder coating.

You'd have to figure material cost. Cost to run the machines cost of you running the machine. Time it takes to make a set. If you are making like 100 sets you'd have a good price point. If you are making 10 sets is it really worth your time? I'd assume you would charge more for only making 10....at that point who would buy an expensive set.

You'd have to figure material cost. Cost to run the machines cost of you running the machine. Time it takes to make a set. If you are making like 100 sets you'd have a good price point. If you are making 10 sets is it really worth your time? I'd assume you would charge more for only making 10....at that point who would buy an expensive set.
Coming from the CNC world, and based on your model in ss, I would charge no less than 150.00. For a one off present your time is the gift, for production your time is expensive.

I'm guessing toe clamp, pocket, bolt thru, remove toe clamps and finish then fixture n flip. 25min cycle? Just a guess here.

If you're familiar with cad systems it won't be too bad to figure out. It has some things I don't like but its overall functional.
I'm barely familiar with early solidworks.

I've used Sketchup since it's release, & 360 doesn't have any commonality.

Sketchup became a problem because they don't use true arcs, & instead use line segments (which is stupid).

Oh well, not like I haven't had to learn a program before.

On your dawgz, you might want to extend the upper and lower points out beyond the others. Those points are the primary pivots for facing or bucking.

Exactly why most are water jet. Often times the waterjet guy can provide the material & jet out the profile cheaper than what most can buy the material for.

I thought you were suggesting making them flat on both sides. They would still be just as functional, but not near as cool.
You are right, I was saying both sides leave flat and you're saying just the inside of the dawg. I got ya now. Yea, it would probably save a little time but then you have to deburr the side that doesnt get the inside of the hole radiused. Double edged blade, damned if you do damned if you dont. Hand deburring sucks.

Guys,
Just an update, I had a rush job come in so I had to put the dogs on hold - should get to them soon though!

Back