Check out this splitter!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way the ram is hooked up the the I-beam is terrible. That looks like it will bind and bend the I-beam. And a 17 hp motor can run a big pump, a big pump can move a 4 to 5 inch cylinder quickly, and that looks like a 2" cylinder.

I emailed him asking if he had any binding issues with the pusher. He said he's split "hundreds" of cord of wood through it. And no issues! Lol.

I could use that cylinder on my log lift, and that motor would work on my conveyor if I had one. The rest of that thing, well, I wonder what scrap is going for these days?

Ted

If it was cheaper it might be a good start, but I'm a welder and have fabbed up enough junk to fix it.

Assuming the pump is big enough run a heavier cylinder, build a table to hold the rounds, fix the push plate, and make a log lift on the side of it.

I wonder how the fuel economy/noise would be out of that motor though? Seems like a 17 horse running full tilt next to you would get annoying.

I almost like the idea of using a 4 way slip on wedge in front of the big wedge. It would be easier than trying to fab one up anyway.

I wonder how the fuel economy/noise would be out of that motor though? Seems like a 17 horse running full tilt next to you would get annoying.

I run my old 8 horse Tecumseh at around 1/3 to 1/2 throttle on my belt driven splitter. It splits just fine. Just sayin'.

I run my old 8 horse Tecumseh at around 1/3 to 1/2 throttle on my belt driven splitter. It splits just fine. Just sayin'.

True, I guess that motor wouldn't have to be wide open much, if any. I was thinking of my dads welder, it has a v twin kohler, maybe an 18 or 20 horse, and you need earplugs to weld with it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Looks like someone gutted an old lawn buggy to build a makeshift wood splitter. :D

Agreed, the cylinder and pushplate appear half assed. I'd be leery of operating that thing.

I'm not seeing the 30 ton, looks to be 4" cylinder at the biggest?

Pusher plate needs work.

Someone needs to learn how to weld.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back