Chevy C50 weight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Hick

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody know the unloaded weight on a Chevy C50 flatbed ? Need to tow one about 60 miles, tow guy needs to know which truck to bring. Thanks !

" Tow Guy" is a friend who happens to have some trucks that may or may not handle the job safely. Its a legitimate question, not a solicitation for wise asses ! Our concern is the weight may be too great to safely stop both vehicles, so i'm just looking for someone who may have the knowledge to share it. Anyone have an idea what an unladen C50 weighs ?

Not sure on the C-50, but once upon a time I had a C-60 and an F-600. Both trucks had 6 yard dump beds, and both weighed right around 10,000 lbs.
C-50 with a flatbed is probably a little lighter, but probably not much.

Andy

Thank you fellas! His "big" truck can tow 5 ton safely so I think we are in business, now I just have to find time to git r dun ! :clap:

" Tow Guy" is a friend who happens to have some trucks that may or may not handle the job safely. Its a legitimate question, not a solicitation for wise asses ! Our concern is the weight may be too great to safely stop both vehicles, so i'm just looking for someone who may have the knowledge to share it. Anyone have an idea what an unladen C50 weighs ?

Who is that tow guy? is he a member in here? still active? this worried towing heavier things which is twice heavier than my truck. bump! :rock:

Back