Chi-com saw is DEAD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I can't swallow that. Chain staying sharp thru 25 tanks. if so, that has to be the meanest chain made.

Chi-com can drop thier saws and just start making chains.

Call them, "chang chains"

I recently got a Chinese chainsaw, and after some degree of tweaking, it performed admirably. It was a terrific saw for $125. I chronicled the initial procedure previously:

I think I'll get another one...

JayC

That looks like that copy Sir that people has been selling as a MS361 on Ebay too. :hmm3grin2orange::laugh::hmm3grin2orange:

I bought one of those fae saws off of EBay today , I will give a report when I get it , I may even write "Fake Stihl" on the air filter cover :greenchainsaw:

man, i knew hed get flamed for the 25 tanks without sharpening the chain comment.. but damn...everyone took a turn lol

i may as well throw mine in:
that strap you have holding your lawn mower is junk. get one that ratchets tight :cheers:

I've got to agree with the never dull chain naysayers. Can you show a closeup of that chain? What you cutting there NH barkless balsa? For me it seems like a couple tanks and the chain will need a touch-up.

HEY !! watch it fella !! we aint got no balsa wood up heayah ! :)
ayuh,,and so forth,etc....

man, i knew hed get flamed for the 25 tanks without sharpening the chain comment.. but damn...everyone took a turn lol

i may as well throw mine in:
that strap you have holding your lawn mower is junk. get one that ratchets tight :cheers:

Ratchet straps are junk. Ancra-style closure straps are far superior.

JayC

I would like to see the chain off that saw.There is no way a chain will go 25 tanks and not have to be sharpened,it would be hanging so low you could get a baseball between the B/C.Anybody else?Whats is the longest you have gone between sharpenings?I go two to three tanks in clean wood then sharpen time.

I would like to see the chain off that saw.There is no way a chain will go 25 tanks and not have to be sharpened,it would be hanging so low you could get a baseball between the B/C.Anybody else?Whats is the longest you have gone between sharpenings?I go two to three tanks in clean wood then sharpen time.

Might of only been 15 - but 15 at least, and chain was just starting to need a filing, but was still cutting OK. Mostly was cutting pine, and all wood was clean, so that's probably why. Chain was adjusted several times to account for stretch though.

JayC

Might of only been 15 - but 15 at least, and chain was just starting to need a filing, but was still cutting OK. Mostly was cutting pine, and all wood was clean, so that's probably why. Chain was adjusted several times to account for stretch though.

JayC

I'll step out on the edge here, pine is about as buttery as it gets - Sam

JayC

I noticed that my chain streched more than normal , or the adjuster is slacking off somehow .

JayC

A more likely explanation is that the saw is sorry enough that the difference between a dull chain and a sharp chain is not noticeable...

JayC

I like my saw even more since its not "approved" by the EPA ie the man that makes it kind of naughty to own :greenchainsaw:

Was it worth going through the rest of your life with those buckie teeth and slantie eyes?

Latest posts

Back