Chinee MS440 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like how you are putting the Chinese stuff to the test and it seems the fit and finish are at least useable. I've used aftermarket parts such as clutch covers, handlebars, mufflers and a few other things, but haven't seen much success with starters, air filters and fuel tanks locally. The professionals tear that stuff pretty quick.

I disagree with putting Stihl badges on it though. Why the false advertising? It's a Chinese ms440, not a Stihl ms440.

Kinda reminds me of the guy on Columbus craigslist advertising new ms660s for sale a while back. I saw it and was gonna snag one up, then I looked a little harder at the pictures and it noticed it was a Chinese knockoff build.

Weather is turning so nasty may be another week before it gets out to play ? Wind thrills below zero just aint no fun ! LOL
Heard if you coat yourself in Vagasil it cuts down on the Bite of the Wind Chill.:laughing: Sorry had to be a Smartass like my Smartass Uncle this Mornin.:laugh: He's King of the Vagasil jokes.:laugh: He actually had one old farmer that had No idea what Vagasil was going around telling everyone that he was going to try some.Poor guy had a Dislocated Elbow.:laughing:
Actually Looking forward to seeing this one fire up and gave Hell.:D

I really like how you are putting the Chinese stuff to the test and it seems the fit and finish are at least useable. I've used aftermarket parts such as clutch covers, handlebars, mufflers and a few other things, but haven't seen much success with starters, air filters and fuel tanks locally. The professionals tear that stuff pretty quick.

I disagree with putting Stihl badges on it though. Why the false advertising? It's a Chinese ms440, not a Stihl ms440.

Kinda reminds me of the guy on Columbus craigslist advertising new ms660s for sale a while back. I saw it and was gonna snag one up, then I looked a little harder at the pictures and it noticed it was a Chinese knockoff build.
Only reason that badge is on there was cause I had one laying here . Plus its my saw that I will keep . I have shown every piece and part that is chinee on this one , not trying to hide anything . I really want to see if it will hold up ? Crankcase halves and top end mainly . The case halves may be made in Italy ? The 372 case I bought says Italy on the box ?

Heard if you coat yourself in Vagasil it cuts down on the Bite of the Wind Chill.:laughing: Sorry had to be a Smartass like my Smartass Uncle this Mornin.:laugh: He's King of the Vagasil jokes.:laugh: He actually had one old farmer that had No idea what Vagasil was going around telling everyone that he was going to try some.Poor guy had a Dislocated Elbow.:laughing:
Actually Looking forward to seeing this one fire up and gave Hell.:D
All I can say so far , its sounds real meen . LOL I hope its close to a 460 , but not real likely . LOL Run it a while to see how it acts , then maybe just open things up a little . Just a lot easier using a BB kit than putting a 460 P&C on one . Now will will find out if they hold up ? I also wonder how the crank bearings will hold up ? OEM crank is good .

So if one puts an aftermarket top end on a saw should one remove the stihl stickers?

Back