Chinese husqvarna parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustJeff

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I while ago I picked up a husqvarna 570 on the cheap knowing it would need some work. After a fuel hose, filter, and carb kit, and new piston ring. It ran gloriously for ten minutes before making an awful rattle and quitting.
I have been doing some research and have found aftermarket parts pretty cheap and have found some threads and video where people have used these piston and cyl kits. What I haven't found is any where people have kept the saw and run it. I'm looking for some input on longevity using these parts.
I have $120 in this saw with a brand new oregon bar and chain (which doesn't fit any of my other saws). So I am trying to decide whether it's worth it to throw more money at it and take the gamble or to cut losses and save my pennies and just buy a quality new saw.
Saw will be used as a firewood saw to compliment my 50cc saws.
I appreciate any input, thanks.

You could try to 1. Sell for parts and keep the bar for you next saw
2. Sell it with the bar and got more out of it
You can't always list it and see if there is interest on the trading post

I think it was pretty worn out when I got it. Compression was on the low side. Even after the ring it was only 135. I was thinking about doing crank bearings, seals and top end kit but don't want to dump time and money into a saw that won't serve me well for at least the next few years.

the AM kits do work but IMO there are only few that can be ran without at least doing a good beveling on the ports. some dual ring kits need the bottom ring removed as many will drop the lower ring into the intake port. some even ring ends! :eek:

Unless this is ** the ** saw you really want, I'd dump it for parts and go buy something that you actually want. If it is, then buy quality OEM (or OEM-grade) parts and build it right.

A while back there were H570s for cheap and RedMax versions for cheaper still, brand new, in the box, flooding eBay. Maybe there still are. Might as well just start over, I figure.

I know there's not a lot of love for the 570 here but I figured it would be a big step up from what I've been running. I'm leaning towards selling it and saving up for a new one. Less than 150 worth of parts for a new bottom and top rebuild though. OEM parts are out of the question.

Latest posts

Back