Chinese Stihl & Husky saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/QUOTE]
I think that SLopKnOb would be surprised at how much australian designed technology is in use every day in almost every industry there is in the US.[/QUOTE]

I think we got it figured out there masterbater....piss piss..lol...dont piss in the wind as you attempt to rekindle the pissing match.

The thing I cant figure out is....its almost exclusively aussies that I pissed off. Why are you guys so defensive when it comes to the chinese....the chinese are screwing you guys in the azz too...

That guy on ebay wont say its fake or real...he just responds...why do you think its fake.. when I asked him...which i couldnt resist

The thing I cant figure out is....its almost exclusively aussies that I pissed off. Why are you guys so defensive when it comes to the chinese....the chinese are screwing you guys in the azz too...

That guy on ebay wont say its fake or real...he just responds...why do you think its fake.. when I asked him...which i couldnt resist

Well your earlier post about idiots buying Chinese knock offs did tend to point towards Australians. Also the fact that I have two Chinese 365 knock offs that I bought direct from a Chinese supplier. Along with all my piston and cylinder kits, 365 cranks, brake handles, coils, mufflers etc etc :D
Before you flame me for this ask where half of Bailey's stuff is coming in from. I am an insignificant player in all of this but an easy target. Which doesn't worry me in the least...

If the eBay guy's responding like you've said then definately a fake. If it wasn't a fake he'd be trying his hardest to prove it's original.

I just hate to see the Chinese take over the manufacturing totally. There are people who lost their jobs because our companies went for the cheap (slave) labor. I, for one, was laid off in 1998 because our company went first to Mexico, then to China. People don't seem to realize that they're no friend to the US, they've just figured another way to destroy us, with our greed and wanting things for cheap.

I just hate to see the Chinese take over the manufacturing totally. There are people who lost their jobs because our companies went for the cheap (slave) labor. I, for one, was laid off in 1998 because our company went first to Mexico, then to China. People don't seem to realize that they're no friend to the US, they've just figured another way to destroy us, with our greed and wanting things for cheap.

Did the Chinese make your company move offshore? No they didn't. No matter how much you dislike the Chinese etc they have NEVER made an American or Australian company move offshore. The ONLY reason companies are moving offshore is due to corporate greed originally, as you mentioned, but now you nearly have to move offshore to be competitive. It is not China's fault despite everybody pointing the finger at them.
They have a passion to succeed that our lazy arse's have forgotten about a long long time ago.
There is also another major reason why I've seen companies move offshore and that is due to Unions. Love them or hate them they have caused that many disruptions in workplace efficiency that in the end many companies have packed their bags and left.
Another example is what happened at a company where I used to work. They had a strong union influence and every day the Unions were pushing for payrises etc etc. In the end employees were that expensive per hour that it turned out to be cheaper to install auto packing and palletising machinery.
All of a sudden dozens of jobs were lost. If greedy employees and super pushy unions had pulled in the reins a bit these guys would still have jobs, albeit for a few dollars less an hour.
I'm not sure of the mentality in the US but the younger generation in Australia seem to think that they should be earning $25 an hour flipping burgers. People in China are happy to earn enough to feed themselves.

Not too much aussie makes it to US consumers. Most recognized is beer (Fosters) and wine (yellowtail). Yellowtail is actually good stuff for the price but I swear fosters is nothing but roo wiz in a can. Thanks to the last free trade agreement I think we can also get aussie beef and sugar much to the chagrin of the domestic producers of these products.

The 362xp knock offs are actually very easy to spot. I saw one at a dealer the other day waiting to get fixed. The color of the plastic is wrong and stands out like a sore thumb. Quality of the saw was very poor in both its appearance and fit of the outer plastic parts. I am sure china will get better at producing these things but as quality increases so will the price. As far as I am concerned, the more choices a consumer has the better it is for the consumer. Free market=free choice. Choose wisely.

YouTube - ‪My Boomerang Won't Come Back‬‏

Not too much aussie makes it to US consumers. Most recognized is beer (Fosters) and wine (yellowtail). Yellowtail is actually good stuff for the price but I swear fosters is nothing but roo wiz in a can. Thanks to the last free trade agreement I think we can also get aussie beef and sugar much to the chagrin of the domestic producers of these products.

The 362xp knock offs are actually very easy to spot. I saw one at a dealer the other day waiting to get fixed. The color of the plastic is wrong and stands out like a sore thumb. Quality of the saw was very poor in both its appearance and fit of the outer plastic parts. I am sure china will get better at producing these things but as quality increases so will the price. As far as I am concerned, the more choices a consumer has the better it is for the consumer. Free market=free choice. Choose wisely.

YouTube - ‪My Boomerang Won't Come Back‬‏

I hope Fosters isn't the best beer you have!

I hope Fosters isn't the best beer you have!

A life time ago, we used to drink fosters “oil cans” with a genuine oil spout. Yea we was trying to be cool. Times change. You cant get oil in a can anymore and fosters changed the design of their cans to be toolless. Sam Addams Larger is the goto beer of choice around here. Most of the microbrews in the area taste like they are brewin with seawater cept for Geary’s. For the cheap stuff, I still prefer ice cold Michelob pounders but I am liking the InBev Budweiser American ale.

Did the Chinese make your company move offshore? No they didn't. No matter how much you dislike the Chinese etc they have NEVER made an American or Australian company move offshore. The ONLY reason companies are moving offshore is due to corporate greed originally, as you mentioned, but now you nearly have to move offshore to be competitive. It is not China's fault despite everybody pointing the finger at them.
They have a passion to succeed that our lazy arse's have forgotten about a long long time ago.
There is also another major reason why I've seen companies move offshore and that is due to Unions. Love them or hate them they have caused that many disruptions in workplace efficiency that in the end many companies have packed their bags and left.
Another example is what happened at a company where I used to work. They had a strong union influence and every day the Unions were pushing for payrises etc etc. In the end employees were that expensive per hour that it turned out to be cheaper to install auto packing and palletising machinery.
All of a sudden dozens of jobs were lost. If greedy employees and super pushy unions had pulled in the reins a bit these guys would still have jobs, albeit for a few dollars less an hour.
I'm not sure of the mentality in the US but the younger generation in Australia seem to think that they should be earning $25 an hour flipping burgers. People in China are happy to earn enough to feed themselves.

I'll agree with you up to a point...when I lost my job in 1998 our union wasn't that good. I had over 25 years with the company and was making about 10.50 an hour, which isn't all that good here. The union never did us that much good, but you had to join or lose your job. Of course I was a minor player and had nothing to do with corporate decisions.
About the Chinese...they have deliberately kept their currency and their wages low so that our companies would be tempted to go there for the excess profits. Again, it's corporate greed as we agreed on plus the consumer being willing to settle for poor quality initially in exchange for a cheap price and so we could buy things we couldn't otherwise afford. I feel that the US made the worst mistake in our 200+ year history by starting to trade with communist China. I feel that we played right into their hands by offering to be trading "partners". I don't think China can be trusted enough to call them an ally because of all the manipulating of currency on their part (and now on ours by the Fed), counterfeiting, etc.
I had originally thought this about the Japanese, turns out they were more honorable than I'd thought, but they still didn't allow many of our exports into their country. I imagine they will in the near future due to the current happenings in that country.

Now thats funny..you europeans prefering american beer...while alot of us americans prefer european beer...what gives..lol. I like Bass beer(england?) and warstiener from germany....american beer to me just tastes like dirty dish water and is very weak and i have to drink more in order to achieve my goal of catching a beer buzz..oh wait forgot about sammy adams...best mass produced beer in america

I didn't know New England was in Europe...gotta go look at my globe on that one!

This thread is going to wind up getting kicked over to the political section. I read through it and I think what a lot of folks don't get is how fed up Americans are with seeing all the manufacturing jobs go over to China. I do not think it is about unions, or high wages in the US, or even greedy corporations. I think it is the idea of a global economy that has been pushed down our throats since Bush senior. Just redistribution of wealth in a different form. Take all US manufacturing jobs and allow them to go over seas and there will be peace throughout the world! We will be a service economy that produces absolutely nothing. There was a time when this country would never allow companies to manufacture products in communist dictatorship countries that use political prisoners to staff there factories. Now we encourage it so we can buy cheap crap at Wall-Mart. We are just waking up to the fact that the politicians have sold us out with there utopian ideals and we are just a little pissed that is all. That is all us yanks that have to works for a living.

I didn't know New England was in Europe...gotta go look at my globe on that one!

Lol..i didn't catch that...but I think your right new England aint in Europe....that's funny:hmm3grin2orange:

Woops..

Come on you Australians..if ya wanted to flame me good there ya are..LOL..Have a go at it as ya'll say.
plus I think i may have lost the argument to mcw he made quite a lot of sense on that last go at it...lol...I'm not a fan of the unions...
Jed made even more sense though..

Last edited:
I don't know how many millions of dollars we spent fighting the communists in the last 40 years..they have opposed us in several wars, korea, viet nam, etc. and now we send them our jobs along with large donations to get them started! It's like we want them to compete with us and with an un-level playing field. Of course China and Russia, who we also bailed out, are using that help to further their armies, to use against us at some future date.

As a few guys have mentioned trade agreements with countries like China aren't worth a piece of piss.
You can bet your left nut when it comes to them taking something of ours after we've bought a heap of things off of them they'll find something wrong with our produce.
As a well known Australian politician said recently - "Free trade is great but not when you're the only one doing it".

Also as far as guys flaming the Chinese 365's they've seen remember there are at least 1/2 a dozen companies that I know of making 365 knock offs. The quality varies substantially.

Oh and Fosters is crap beer. As Rudy said nobody here drinks it yet somehow people overseas think it's the best beer we have :D

Last edited:
As far as the fake Husqvarna and Stihl saws, I probably wouldn't buy a new one...I'm still getting used to having the real ones around. Up until this year I was still using the McCulloch, Homelite and Poland saws! I don't see much advantage to the Stihl and Husqvarna saws, might be a tad quicker but I'm not in that big of a hurry and the newer saws are harder to work on and the parts are more expensive.

Now thats funny..you europeans prefering american beer...while alot of us americans prefer european beer...what gives..lol. I like Bass beer(england?) and warstiener from germany....american beer to me just tastes like dirty dish water and is very weak and i have to drink more in order to achieve my goal of catching a beer buzz..oh wait forgot about sammy adams...best mass produced beer in america

I have been called a lot of things but European is not one of them. Fosters is not all bad. It is better than no beer at all and they do have the portions down right. I have also had swan larger from down under and from what I remember it was very good. Never tried vegemite or a Chinese 365 knockoff but I would give them both the benefit of the doubt despite appearances.

Now dont you guys don't go blaming me for turning this into the political beer thread about chinese knock off saws.:hmm3grin2orange:I had some help. All i know is im glad it seems like things have cooled down and we can all talk about beer.
Since the great Steve Erwin and crocodile dundee are the only austrailians I've ever heard talk.....As a few guys have mentioned trade agreements with countries like China aren't worth a piece of piss...keeps going through my head in a steve erwin accent and i keep laughing....that saying/term "piece of piss" is deffinately aussie..lol..I thought it was so funny it inspired me to tell my old lady what I thought of her today...now I dont have to spend the day with her getting stuff for the memorial day cook out and such....now im banished to my man cave where I can finish up an engine rebuild....:rock: thank YOU MCW:bowdown: Noice!!!

Last edited:
I have been called a lot of things but European is not one of them. Fosters is not all bad. It is better than no beer at all and they do have the portions down right. I have also had swan larger from down under and from what I remember it was very good. Never tried vegemite or a Chinese 365 knockoff but I would give them both the benefit of the doubt despite appearances.

I am sorry...it was an accident and I wont let it happen again...not that there is anything wrong with europeans...just sayin..lol

Before I head out to the shop....

What is vegimite?

It sounds like some kind of herbicide or fertilizer that the stupid greedy basterds Monsanto would come up with.

Latest posts

Back