Chipping Palm??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalTreeEquip

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I would like to get opinions on what chippers are best for chipping palm, from you guys with actual experience with this only please.
I know chuck&ducks work best but what hydraulic chipper work and what don't. I know guys in HI who use BC1250's, Bandit 1590's, Bandit 250's and Morbark 13's. It would be great to get some feedback on this.

Also what's best for chipping coconuts. I'm thinking a Bandit 250 with lift would probably be best option there, don't think anything smaller will work.

I'v posted this in the tree care forum as well.

I would like to get opinions on what chippers are best for chipping palm, from you guys with actual experience with this only please.
I know chuck&ducks work best but what hydraulic chipper work and what don't. I know guys in HI who use BC1250's, Bandit 1590's, Bandit 250's and Morbark 13's. It would be great to get some feedback on this.

Also what's best for chipping coconuts. I'm thinking a Bandit 250 with lift would probably be best option there, don't think anything smaller will work.

I'v posted this in the tree care forum as well.

the guys I worked for back in the early '90s never ran that stuff through their chippers and stated why...totally fubars the machine...like running compressed string through it...no bueno. Add the dump fees to your estimate.

What kind of chippers did they have?
I know the stuff is stringy, that is why this question exists.

first guy had the old drum of death style, the last guy was a small Bandit. thinking back, the argument may have only been with the older drum type but the guy I worked with who had the Bandit wouldn't allow palm to go through it.

Drum chippers work best but they have to be sharp, bed knife and all and adjusted properly. If not, they're not going to do it.

Back