Christmas is coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What would be fun, needed, reality, and just plain ole wanted or dreamed about, for you?

Fun. To be able to have a good stable full of equipment to play with. SOME days I would rather play trucks than run saws
Needed. A new pair of corks.....Already on their way.
Reality. A new 046 and a couple new bars after last weekend.
Plain ole wanted. "Slinger"ization of my saws.

Anyone else?

Owl

Fun: Maybe a new bow for my fiddle. Good ones are spendy.
Needed: A new refrigerator one of these days. Shelves are collapsing in the abused one that I sort of fixed up.
Reality: A non-motorized pole saw. Non-motorized because they are lighter and still work well.
Wanted: Insulation for metal shop building and waterproofed floor.

Fun- To have a body that doesn't make unwanted, involuntary sounds throughout the day.
Needed- Several new teeth.
Reality- a used pickup, several good running saws, fell over 4,000 hazard trees this summer
Plain ole wanted- the ability to differentiate my needs from my wants, the wisdom of old age and the vigor of youth.

Fun...a 600 Stearman and somebody paying the gas bill.
Needed...several joints. No, not that kind, the kind that don't snap crackle and pop on cold mornings.
Reality...a new 661. Yeah, yeah, I know...but this will really be the last saw I ever buy.
Plain ol' wanted...I'll have to give that some thought. I've been very fortunate...and lucky.

Fun: A hot rod or chopper... and money for booze and easy wemens
Needed: A shop, with a roof, Hel just a roof to work under
Reality: Well I'm doing alright... for now...
Plain ole wanted: 5-5000 acres that's all mine, with lots of timber, and pasture, and and a pony and a barn and and a shooting range, and a couple of moo cows, and a tractor that isn't on its last leg, and deer that have to be shot for crop depredation, and neighbors that arn't jack holes...

Fun: maybe making it to a NorCal GTG someday

Need: nothing I don't already have

Reality: hair transplants

Want: a new right elbow and wrist. My other bad joints can be replaced

Fun: A hot rod or chopper... and money for booze and easy wemens
Needed: A shop, with a roof, Hel just a roof to work under
Reality: Well I'm doing alright... for now...
Plain ole wanted: 5-5000 acres that's all mine, with lots of timber, and pasture, and and a pony and a barn and and a shooting range, and a couple of moo cows, and a tractor that isn't on its last leg, and deer that have to be shot for crop depredation, and neighbors that arn't jack holes...

An a Red Ryder BB gun rifle with a compass in the stock....you'll shoot yer eye out. Just had to add that.

Fun: enough spare loot for a flying license/lessons and any ole used plane that works, because I live at an airport...drives me nuts daily....

Need: more energy/skill/parts to complete my junker trucks to good running/everything works status...energy more than anything else... need some ole steam back..

Reality:might get one truck sorta done soon, and a few more junker saws running, to replace the stolen ones

Want: some way to slip into sorta part time pro anything to do with wood/trees

I hope you get your wish Joe! Is she at a care facility? If so, you can always bring Christmas to her.
She is in a private home setting. Floyd is correct. She has early onset which progresses rapidly. She still recognizes me, but not as her husband. I'm just a good guy who visits her.

Fun: Get the old 288 running and an AR with 10,000 rounds to burn.

Needed: A million bucks to pay for school; and buy horses, trucks, trailers, & shinies for the girlfriend. She's really not that demanding btw.

Reality: Debt, no free money, and poping the question to the GF.

Plain Ole Wanted: Be done with school and have lots of job offers. Next Christmas!

Fun: Get the old 288 running and an AR with 10,000 rounds to burn.

Needed: A million bucks to pay for school; and buy horses, trucks, trailers, & shinies for the girlfriend. She's really not that demanding btw.

Reality: Debt, no free money, and poping the question to the GF.

Plain Ole Wanted: Be done with school and have lots of job offers. Next Christmas!

You're too young! If'n you do, good luck with her reply

Don't let NorthMan comfort you....Marriage is a full time job, and treating it as anything less is asking for trouble. I have been married for 15 years, mostly happily, but it doesn't just work by itself. Watch out for babies. They are ridiculously expensive, and give you and your wife lots of new things to fight about. I like to say I intentionally didn't have kids until I could afford them, but truth be told, no self-respecting woman would make babies with me until I had some money:cry:

You're too young! If'n you do, good luck with her reply

I'm probably older than you think Husk, and not saying I know it all cuz I don't but I have a very good handle on what I'm getting into. Plus there's no fear of rejection, we've already discussed it :laugh:

North. She's no Miss America or a life draining tick so I'm good to go!

Back