Christmas is coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure guys. I would have been on this yesterday but as life would have it I wound up having my appendix taken out last night. She drove 2.5 hours to be with me. But I already know the answer is yes! Oh and I'll probably be extra nice for the next week or so... meds... lol

For sure guys. I would have been on this yesterday but as life would have it I wound up having my appendix taken out last night. She drove 2.5 hours to be with me. But I already know the answer is yes! Oh and I'll probably be extra nice for the next week or so... meds... lol
Careful with the meds, Wes. They'll make your mouth say things you'll have no where they came from!

Haha yea when I came out of surgery I was kinda all over the board. Mostly nice only cranky a few times. Apparently I didn't like the nurses putting a belt around me to hold me up, which I don't like relying on others that way anyways, and from what I do remember they were actually throwing me off balance instead of letting my body figure things out, when I was in the bathroom I said "If you hear a thud that's just my face smacking the floor." Interesting times for sure. The stuff they have me on here at home isn't very strong at all or doesn't seem to be anyways. Trying to stick to one every four hours but can take two and did to sleep last night. Helped pretty well.

Are you sure your guts weren't trying to tell you something, Wes?

Haha, just kidding! I'm glad to hear it all worked out well for you, in many ways.

Thanks husk! Hey is it just me but Hydrocodine doesn't seem to be all that potent in the prescribed amounts. Not saying I'm going to take more but I don't see how anyone would get hooked on these if taking the recommended dosage...?

Sam

Ha her mom told me there's cheaper ways to see her than having to go to the hospital lol She's enlisted my buddies to come check in on me an stuff lol Feeling pretty good today. Starting to get hungry so I'm prob gonna go heat up some soup.

take 5 an hour... and they used to prescribe much heavier doses...

Spent the better part of 1998 on em... and parts of 1999... Do yourself a favor take them for pain, and pain only. Lots of people take them to feel "better" that's how they get hooked. Personally I don't mind recreational drug use, but when you take stuff to feel better is a quick road to addiction.

If your wondering I done got smooshed in april of 98... took awhile to start walking again. Still limp when tired or barefoot.

I hope the doc told you to take stool softener. Gross, I know but constipation on top of a sore gut is not good

Fun: New sleds for my little girls to enjoy the snow fall.

Need: New pickup with four wheel drive so Bob doesn't have to keep wasting his time pulling my two wheel drive ford out of the slop and snow at the landings.

Reality: A little less time for tree work, a lot more time for logging.

Thanks husk! Hey is it just me but Hydrocodine doesn't seem to be all that potent in the prescribed amounts. Not saying I'm going to take more but I don't see how anyone would get hooked on these if taking the recommended dosage...?

Sam

Ha her mom told me there's cheaper ways to see her than having to go to the hospital lol She's enlisted my buddies to come check in on me an stuff lol Feeling pretty good today. Starting to get hungry so I'm prob gonna go heat up some soup.
Sorry I missed this. Hydro comes in three strengths, and basically tells u'r brain "don't worry about that pain." Almost nobody gets hooked taking it for postop pain. The problems happen when it is used for pain that has no real endpoint, like back pain. I bet u'r doing fine on Advil by now. FWIW, marriage feels eerily like a ruptured appendix. Just so you know

What would be fun, needed, reality, and just plain ole wanted or dreamed about, for you?

Fun. To be able to have a good stable full of equipment to play with. SOME days I would rather play trucks than run saws
Needed. A new pair of corks.....Already on their way.
Reality. A new 046 and a couple new bars after last weekend.
Plain ole wanted. "Slinger"ization of my saws.

Anyone else?

Owl
what happened to the saw scot? might be able to help with the 046 parts. and i hear ya on the slingerization of a saw. would like to have my 288 bluetop massaged.

Nothing that I need cept for some new socks
I want a garden tractor with a snowblower and a new Tundra

Treeslingr' does a fine job.

I have seen his work on a 66. I totally agree.

I haven't seen him on the board for a while. How do ya get a hold of him to see if he, is able and willing?

Pac: I tried to cobble it and limp it along some more, then it went for a ride. It's my favorite saw, ya know they are all the same , BUT, there is that one saw that just fits right. It's that one. I think it's just toast and parts.

Owl

Latest posts

Back