Christmas Time!!!! kiwi logging vids, and pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwilogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey there fellow loggers. I decided to forgo any xmas holidays this year and went to a groundbased crew over xmas (normally I am in a tty 70 yarder) to have a go on a harvester and a forwarder. Santa bought me a new digital camera, and while it doesn't take awesome videos, I had a little play with it. Forgive me for the inept camera work!

Heck! I can't post the vids I took as the file size allowance is only 3-4 mb!! Sorry. I'll post the photos I took instead......

The harvester is a Waratah HTH 626 Bigwood on a Hitachi 300.

The Forwarder is a John Deere, only about 3mths old.

Last edited:
Waratah HTH 626 Bigwood, on the end of a Hitachi 300

DSC01186.jpg

:bowdown: :bowdown: I love this Machine!

Hiya adrpk.

It's pretty easy logging compared to what I usually do! I had a couple of neat vids of the Harvester working, but I can't load them up at the moment.

I thought there might be a few people in here who would get a kick out seeing these pics.

Hiya adrpk.

It's pretty easy logging compared to what I usually do! I had a couple of neat vids of the Harvester working, but I can't load them up at the moment.

I thought there might be a few people in here who would get a kick out seeing these pics.

Oh, I am sure there are. Where's that road going?

The road's just goin to more pine trees!! Theres years worth of logging left in this forest! Thousands apon thousands of acres. As it is harvested, a new crop is planted.

Great pics Kiwi,im with a kiwi bird myself has its moments lol.

What did the tracks come off?

Have you tried uploading the videos to Youtube, then you can just post a link here :)

Cheers

Ian

Great pics Kiwi,im with a kiwi bird myself has its moments lol.

What did the tracks come off?

hehe. Kiwi chicks have their moments fer shure!!! :ices_rofl:

The tracks are for the forwarder. They go around 2 wheels on the rear of the forwarder. It makes the forwarder a whole lot more stable, and heaps of traction in the mud and on hills. We took them off because they wear out, and where the crew is at the moment is all flat, and its the middle of summer here so mud isn't much of an issue. Plus its only a 10 min job to put them on if we get a heap of rain.

Latest posts

Back