Christmas Time!!!! kiwi logging vids, and pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried uploading the videos to Youtube, then you can just post a link here :)

Cheers

Ian

Hiya Ian. I have just signed up with youtube, and am currently uploading the vid now. Its a little slow, as the broadband plan I am on has been knocked back to dial up speed at the moment. I have, errrrm, downloaded (read: stolen) too much music off the net lately and reached my 3 gig cap limit.... hahah :rockn:

anyway, I will "try" to post the video or the link here tomorrow when I wriggle out of bed.

Catch ya later....

hehe. Kiwi chicks have their moments fer shure!!! :ices_rofl:

The tracks are for the forwarder. They go around 2 wheels on the rear of the forwarder. It makes the forwarder a whole lot more stable, and heaps of traction in the mud and on hills. We took them off because they wear out, and where the crew is at the moment is all flat, and its the middle of summer here so mud isn't much of an issue. Plus its only a 10 min job to put them on if we get a heap of rain.

Yep a 20tonner i got in once lost a track on the side of a hill,i sure was glad id finished with it and it wasnt mine.

kiwi girl you have to like em crazy cause thats how they come every one of em!

Great Photos. Thank you for taking the time to post.:clap: Let me show some ignorance: Does the harvester also debark?

The harvester works by moving the log thru a set of knives that is clamped around the tree. Its designed to take the limbs off, but much of the bark comes off too. Which actually can be a pain when loading logs and you don't have a level site. The sap makes them blardy slippery, which can make them slide out of place when you are trying to load.

A couple more days and I will sort out the harvester vids!

Latest posts

Back