Cleaning up Stump Grindnings(Billy Goat)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exhausted! Spent a hour shovelling stump grindings (from a relatively small stump) into a wheel barrow then up ramps to the back of my pickup truck. Going to avoid doing that again if I can. My usual big stumps would take forever to clean up. I charge customers a lot for clean up in the hopes that they won't want that optional service. When they do want it, I get paid well, but it really is exhausting. Reading through all of this it seems like mini-skid steer is the way to go. Since I am a one-man operation I will have to grind the stump with my truck and pull behind grinder, then leave and come back with a truck and trailer. Unload the mini-skid steer put the grindings in the trailer and truck, then load the skid steer into the trailer on top of the grindings. That or I invest in a dump truck. I'm going to try contracting out the clean-up work first but that's my plan if I have to start doing it myself.

What are everyone's thoughts on the best mini-skid steer on the market today? Is it the Bobcat MT55? Something else.

What's the best websites to find good reliable used mini-skid steers?

Thanks!

yeah my $$ saving dream is a conveyor vacuum auger screw to lift grinding into tipper as we make them but alas no one tried tested perfected the idea we often find the grinding removal more cost in labor than the stump.. I'd like the stump machine to least have a small bucket lift at the other end turn it around and scoop it up..

There was a guy around here back when dutch elm was still big that had a home made conveyer dealy that dang near all the grindings were loaded into the truck before the stump was done. All that was left was a little raking.
It made me smile reading this and remembering the crazy SOB.

Back