Clearwater Revival 2003

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
Alright, being that this year was so much fun, and I have already people wanting dates for the next one...our dates will be July 12/13, 2003.

The Rupleys and Mr Babcock himself have already graciously offered their MC skills. It sounds like Mr Ken Dunn will be here with his wife, Linda....and of course John Lambert, and my very good friend (now a tv star) Rotax Robert Andrews....I have to go spend Labour day weekend with him and a bunch of other V8 hotsawyers...hope his head is finished swelling by then...Roger will hopefully make it on time this year..not his usual day late/dollar short...hehe...

Looks like with the amount of saws coming, we will have to refine our categories a bit...and add a few classes.....I am hoping that we can attract a few extra big saws by offering up some big dollars...sponsors are already coming in, so that shouldnt be an issue... as well...I would like to get a bunch of Rotax's here...offer up some cash for them......The other category i would like to see, is a double ender category...its not all that well known, except in Roberts area I believe....but I want to try it...what can it hurt??

And of course, we will have our "all round logger"/"all round local logger" I am currently speaking to Hydro about putting two climbing poles in for me....and our burling(sp?) pond will be set up for two people...instead of one like this year....

The other thing we are looking to attract next year is the NWLMRA
NorthWestern Lawnmower Racing Association...these guys are a blast!! We were too late for this year, but next year should be alright...

Once again...we are always open to ideas, and any suggestions are more than welcome...and of course...EVERYONE is invited!!

hehe...ya gotta win first Robert...

The other thing i thought about was a "loggers dance" as opposed to the bbq at my house....get a band...have the big saws in the hall...so we have no problems with our ever favorite RCMP...possibly a small private bbq before...for the arboristsite guys again....

Dennis,
Rick the "Creep" here....
A few weeks ago I have started to eat every thing in sight to gain the extra weight needed to try to stall the Predator, or at least shave 3/4 of a second off the one second it already takes to mosey through a 30" log.
My goal is to get twice as big as a sumo wrestler. Robert...how about beefing up the handles on the Predator? Lets start with some 6" well casing filled with concrete. If we bust that all to hell, we'll go bigger till we get it to hold together.
Dennis, we could have a toy saw class for the kids trying to cut twigs, but we would have to put an age limit on it to keep Gypo from sneaking in. Then next would be a class for the blind, where we use toy Jonsereds with the noise maker already built in.
Hope to see you in 2003...Rick

Creep on loggin'

Hey Rick, ya lil deadbeat. I can feed you till you get bigger than a mountain. You can use that Preditor as a hedge trimmer when I get thru with you. Actually, no, Robyn the house wench can feed you all the Newfie steak you can eat. She will hit you with so many flapjacks, you will think your in a frisby tournament.
Gyro

Robyn cun keep 'em flapjax comin' longz az 'ems gotz bluesberryz un 'em...

Rebel Rick...

Kreepz onz roggin'

Seth...the 111S is on the backburner tight now...too many other saws in the way....but it will come together....

The best place to fly into in Kamloops..about and hour and a half from my place....and yep...you are more than welcome to send your stuff up to me prior....Lambert says we can get all the good parts off the saws that show up early...lol....

Uh, has anyone notified the Clearwater Police Department yet?

Isnt it harder to get those double enders into the bar?

Huskyman,
Those double enders have a special opener on the one end for doors...its not a problem-Rick

Huskyman...its funny you say that...even my exgf, who is a cop in a town about 4 hours away, heard about that night....people are still talking about the Pred firing up in the bar....

I am thinking about putting on a dance this year as well on the same weekend...have all the saws on "display" lol... with a live band...yeah like I need more to do...lol...oh well...

One of the local mills has offered up the climbing poles now...just have to get them put in....

Now that the New Year is here, it's time to start organising the Clearwater Revival again. I have been informed that I am eligible to recieve advertising monies from our local govt. for TV and Radio advertising which should help draw some people from out of town.

For those of you AS members wanting to attend, It would help me out if you could email me as soon as you get a chance. That will determine our hotel rates and discounts, as well as helping me push sponsorship monies. And of course help determine what saw events we need.

I have spoken to Hotsaw Bill about coming up with the V6, Robert will be here with the Predator, and I have spoken to Dave Bekkevar about bringing up the Harley Hotsaws. I will be getting in touch with some of the other big saw guys as well.

As we get closer to the date, and the snow melts, more info and pics to follow.

There will be a dinner/dance with a live band on Saturday night at the Wells Gray Hotel. Contests will run Saturday and Sunday.
If anyone needs info on travel, accomodations, etc...please dont hesitate to email me or call me.

information on event

I have been asked by a few local loggers for some sort of crew/team event. Has anyone ever seen or participated in this kind of event? Most of our logging is either mechanical or highlead. any ideas or suggestions would be fantastic!!

thanks

Has all of the snow melted by July? I can only come if my
parole officer is invited too. Do they sell beer up there?

Fish, yep the frost has even left the ground for me to dig with my backhoe for the burling(sp?) pond. As for your parole officer, well, I guess he could come too...have to ask Robert though, he has a problem with authority...lol...

There are a few beverages here Fish, but you have to get them from the black market.

As I mentioned before, I am going to see if we can get the money together to invite a bunch of the Rotax boys. If not...we will still have alot of fun!!

Latest posts

Back