climbing clothing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plain old dickies work pants are what I use. They are fairly tough especially the ones with a double knee. They are cheap enough($20) that if they get ratty you don't feel bad about throwing them out. Usually if they aren't torn up to bad, I save them for working on messy equipment maintenance jobs.

Most of the climbers at my company wear stretch nylon pants. Arborwear, Patagonia, OR, Prana, etc. Also some wear Carharts. I wear nylon chainsaw pants in winter. Has to be under 50 degrees otherwise they are miserable. Shirts are company provided logo tshirts either short or long sleeve. I like wearing hickory style shirts but I kind of don't fit in when I do. Wool socks always.

ArborWear Canopy pants rock.

I do a lot of pruning, and not many removals so I don't use the chainsaw in the tree a bunch...but they aren't worse for the wear when the chainsaw hangs against them. Super flexible; cool on a hot day; don't get stained.

If I am chainsawing all day, I'll wear chainsaw pants.

I alternate between francitals and gladiators day to day. Original tree climbers pants by arborwear when strictly pruning. (no power saw)

I usually wear thin hiking type pants, goodwill for like $4 a pair. Dickies or jeans in winter. If it's blazing hot outside in summer I'm wearing basketball shorts and high thin socks. My excuse is it's so hot it's safer for me to stay cooler and not get exhausted to make a mistake than to be more protected from a mistake.

I usually wear thin hiking type pants, goodwill for like $4 a pair. Dickies or jeans in winter. If it's blazing hot outside in summer I'm wearing basketball shorts and high thin socks. My excuse is it's so hot it's safer for me to stay cooler and not get exhausted to make a mistake than to be more protected from a mistake.
Uh-oh, watch out for all the shorts haters from the recent thread on shorts in tree work!

I was definitely one of those haters. But, in my defense, I'm from Eastern Canada. We don't even know what shorts means.

I..... If it's blazing hot outside in summer I'm wearing basketball shorts and high thin socks....
Some clothing choices just shouldn't be combined with a saddle...
4fXhyXs.jpg

nn.jpg

Attachments

• Globetrotters-Pull-Short-Down.jpg
    Globetrotters-Pull-Short-Down.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 16
Just make sure you wear chainsaw protective pants. Premium quality pants usually have Avertic as chainsaw protective fabric since they only need 6 layers to protect you and meet the standards. These pant are nor heavy or warm to wear. Check out www.avertic.com to learn how chainsaw protection fabrics works. Stay Safe!
Skärmklipp.PNG

Latest posts

Back