Clutch needed for PP330

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I broke my clutch trying to take it off with out the proper tool, even though I new better and thought I would probably break it.
It is a 2007 poulan pro 330 and I want to switch to .325 chain. After breaking this I saw a post by Modifiedmark that listed the proper tool part number and now have one.
The part # for the clutch [ 530014161 ] is no longer available. Can someone, please, give me an idea of what might fit this saw.
Thanks

Part number 530014161 or 530 01 41-61 is avalable in numerious locations. One location has 10 in stock. Do a simple Google search and numerious hits where these clutches are located will come up.

Hope this helps.

Spend the extra dollar or two and the bigger clutch from a PP 380. I did the conversion on my PP330 and it works great.

Thanks for your input everyone.

Fish
I will buy a new clutch from you. I would take the reg 330 clutch or the heavier 380 clutch that Banshee has mentioned.
Just give me the cost and I will pay you

If I remember right the 380 clutch is a 3 shoe and the 330 clutch is a 2 shoe. They reason I converted mine was because I was offered the 380 clutch for 8 dollars, so I went ahead and changed it.

I love the PP330. It's one of my favorites saws of all time. I'd like to have another one to put up someday.

I just lost the bid on a used one on E Bay.
I have yet to use mine because I broke the clutch changing the rim sprocket to .325 and a 16" bar.

Fish has a new clutch in the mail to me now.

Purchased mine from TSC a couple years ago when there was a lot of talk on here about them. Just opened the box but did not start until Sept. this year. It started right up and seems to run / idle well but I have no hours on it yet.

Spend the extra dollar or two and the bigger clutch from a PP 380. I did the conversion on my PP330 and it works great.

Hey Louie, where on earth have you been? Glad to see you back around.

As to the 380 clutch, its not a bad idea at all but the 2 shoes seem to hold up real well without any problems at all.

The 60cc PP365, 3500 and 3600 also used the 2 shoe clutch and they hold up fine so the 3 shoe upgrade isnt really a required one.

Hi Mark,
It has been a long time since I have been on or posted.
I was thinking you might have some input on the clutch and good to say Hi to you.

I like to see what you experts on this site have to say. [ there is so much to learn on here and one day I hope to meet some of you fellows.
I have lots of saws setting around. One shed has a pile in the corner that I haven't looked at since 1993-1994.
It is dry in there but maybe mice have worked them over.

Hi Mark,
It has been a long time since I have been on or posted.
I was thinking you might have some input on the clutch and good to say Hi to you.

I like to see what you experts on this site have to say. [ there is so much to learn on here and one day I hope to meet some of you fellows.
I have lots of saws setting around. One shed has a pile in the corner that I haven't looked at since 1993-1994.
It is dry in there but maybe mice have worked them over.

Richard, your only a hour away, so there should be no reason not to meet up sometime.

Better yet haul yourself over to the Poulan GTG at Greggs next weekend and meet a bunch of them.

Richard, your only a hour away, so there should be no reason not to meet up sometime.

Better yet haul yourself over to the Poulan GTG at Greggs next weekend and meet a bunch of them.

Please give me more information or point me to the posting. I am interested in going to one.
I didn't realize I was that close to you .

Back