Clutch side bearing failure causes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OEM is usually the best option. Meteor is after that. Don't be worried about the quality from one cracked piston skirt, it may have been a catastrophic/unique failure.

Stick with OEM.

I will. Is the flywheel side bearing available from a bearing supplier or is that a stihl only part. I have been quoted pretty reasonable prices from m dealer. $16 for the clutch side bearing and $16 for the gasket and seal set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will. Is the flywheel side bearing available from a bearing supplier or is that a stihl only part. I have been quoted pretty reasonable prices from m dealer. $16 for the clutch side bearing and $16 for the gasket and seal set.

Gotta love the new bearing prices. I bet the fw side is just under that $16.

b22cb23e650c986a4105631930090729.jpg

I got most my large parts cleaned up and I ordered my parts today. I got a oem piston and ring kit on eBay for $28 shipped. The flywheel side bearing was just under $11 and I ordered the clutch side bearing, gasket set and air filter. I should be all set now.

I just found out that the bearings and gasket set are on backorder. That is weird to me.

Latest posts

Back