cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a solid ten folks to be here, possibly a few more.

ANY one to this point not have the address? PM me for contact and address info.

Also anyone need Chaps & head gear? I can "front" the bucks for some if you can pay me back when you arrive. PM me if you need me to do so..

ALSO we have two solid saw adventure sites set up now. One in hard wood Ash & maple, one in Poplar. Also set up more trees to drop if we need more..if I don't get any feed back I'l stick with that and move on to fixing the road.

Right now one member has stated they can bring a portable stove and another a "popup" tent...post what you can bring so the others can plan..need to make certain folks are fed....."pot luck" style of course as we are a mile off the road!

ALSO want to work this similar to a motorcycle event..start the day with a "riders" meeting..."sawyer's meeting?" Want to chat about safety and have folks contribute some thoughts and experiences as part of the intro...any thoughts?

Again I will have a form to sign..a liability thing. I stress that a good four wheel drive vehicle would be the right thing...if you have a quad or Utility vehicle, thats even better. If you don't have a 4x4 but do have a trail & quad, I can park you up on the road by the barn I guess...(about 2 miles away from the GTG)

ONe person who's going to be here has a 2009 Husqvarna 125 STREET LEGAL Enduro (motorcycle) and will be carrying a Stihl 026..(.he must be confused..mixing that "S" word with the "H" word)

See you all April 5th..I'll be on the hill aprox 7:30AM...unless we have a "Weather" event killing the thing!

Last edited:
OK, this date is looking like a perfect set up for me. I was planning on going to the Loggers EXPO in Watkins Glen the day before, so two saw events on one trip is proof that life is good.

I can bring some extra chaps for guys who forget/want to buy. I'll sell 'em cheap for the GTG. I'll bring a bunch of foam ear plugs if the modded and old saws are a little too loud for anyone.

I like the idea that some of the cutting will be in usable firewood length rather than just cookies. It's good to do some useful work, and it will be nice to leave WD with more than just a mess. :cheers:

As far as saws go, I found from my own GTG in October that you can actually bring too many. I think I had 14 and probably only ran 8 or 9 of them. So, I'll keep it down to a half dozen or so. I think it's more fun to run old or odd stuff that you don't see everyday in addition to the modded stuff. But, if anyone wants to see something specific like a 576, I can always find room in the Jeep.

I'm thinking: Pro Mac 850, cause it just sounds cool. 350 to 346NE conversion, cause some guys might want to see some of the alterations necessary to make it work. TST2153 for a modded saw and a rematch with Jwalkers' 346. :givebeer: Jonsered 920, cause there has to be a big Red in attendence. And a 49SP to show all of the newer 50cc saws that they haven't come as far as they think. Solo 603 which makes more noise than power, but it's my only saw over 100CC. Maybe an XL12 for tradition, and a Stihl 045 for "diversity".

The above list is sure to change, LOL. It will be like going on vacation and deciding which clothes to pack in the suitcase. :cheers:

Glad you could make the trip!

I for one would be interested in seeing how that new Husqvarna 576 goes! Does anyone have a 372?

The 350 to 346NE conversion will be of real interest to Motomedik ..he's sort of adopted the suppressed and down trodden 350's of the world...& built a nice little 350 for himself.

Never saw a good Pro Mac 850, I'd be interested in watching that thing go as well! You might goad me into bringing my Mac 660 for sound value..it screams for what it is!

I agree one can bring too many saws..so I'm going to stick with just the ones I posted before as I want to focus making things interesting & fun. (Homelite C-7, XL-903, S-XL-925, Husqvarna 455 & maybe the 365; these to run)

I'll have a small Compact 4X4 tractor on hand if we want to pull a few more trees out of the woods and my wife will have her Quad & Husqvarna 440e. Her Quad has a winch and can also help moving stuff around as well.

I have right now a 20-24 inch ash tree you can race your nemisis on! Could produce a nice 24-26 inch maple if need be. I dropped a few hurt and otherwize damaged maples yesterday getting ready for next winters fire wood so if we run out of the easy stuff there is plenty more! Plan to drop a few more this week. (But I won't build nice trail & clean up around them.)

To the others planning on attending..please let us know if you need Helmet & chaps!

Last edited:
OK, this date is looking like a perfect set up for me. I was planning on going to the Loggers EXPO in Watkins Glen the day before, so two saw events on one trip is proof that life is good.

TST2153 for a modded saw and a rematch with Jwalkers' 346. :cheers:

Spike that 50cc P/C that you sold me has changed my saw just a bit..... but there is some thing faster now and it's 24 years old too.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=92729&highlight=238

I have that 56dl bar on it that SawTroll sent me and it's Real Fast!

15,500 is really singing. That's quicker than anything I have. But that saw can't beat your 346, can it?

I went downstairs and looked at all of the saws and I kept thinking "What about that one?" 630Super, 262XP, 2156WH, 285CD, it just goes on and on, but I'm going to stick to my limit.

The 576xp will outcut a standard 372, but it's not a jaw dropping difference. The real remarkable thing about it is how smooth it is. Anybody who has tried one says it's the smoothest saw they've ever run.

Looking forward to hearing those 903 and 925 Homies run. Like I said, I get a kick out of saws that you don't see very often, especially if they're being used. Any other not-to-common saws going to be there?

I'm not certain of all the saws comming in from out side some are listed above...I can bring a few different itterations of Homies..(my signiture). I happen to like the 82cc XL800 thru 925 series so I was planning to bring a set of "in service and working" 82cc Homies. Motomedik hopes to have a couple of Mac's along with his Dolmar & Huskies. There are a couple of Remington's. I guess I could add a 797 Mac. Maybe a XP1020A or XP1130G. They sound both the same (LOUD!). Just have to see what we have time for. Gona be a busy day! (Trust me...as busy as you all want it to be!)

Made another "saw adventure area" yesterday on a hill side with some maple that needs to come down because of bugs....we can add some BIG OLD maple to the mix if folks want to wrestle with that 4ft diameter stuff!

I started in on a 10acre wet area today with big beach with blight...some good some not. Many past 15inches in dia...we could wander down in there as I plan to clear it all for firewood!

Like I said we can be as busy as you all want to be..we have so much to be done all the time!

Right now its so dry up on the hill its dusty...but that can change!

Keep CHECKING the weather channel for zip code 13045. If it rains too much.....were done. It will be too muddy.

Last edited:
I just fixed the broken pull cord on my 2095, hopefully it's running right by gtg time. I'd love to see how it compares to an 660/ 394. The last time I ran it it kept stalling out coming off the throttle once it was warmed up, dunno if I just need to get the carb right or what. :cry:

Spike if your overnighting it stay at the Wakins Glen Motor Inn Lodge. A favorite of all the drivers staying in the area.
Don't know if that little saw can beat the 346, but we need to find out soon!

Great Lineup!!!

This thing is going to be great, seing as I couldn't have come up with a better list of units to be there!
The 350, 346, 353 similarities/differences I've wondered about but not had the time or money to experiment. Sounds like you guys have done the research and I can't wait to pick your brains. Of the saws I've got, the 350 with nothing but a muff mod is the one that never stays home much. Love it.
Work these last weeks and other commitment have made me forget what the inside of my home shop looks like. There are some things I really need to get to before the GTG, but time's running out. The one Mac I'd love to bring Is a SP81, but the A/V's on it are shot, and I've got no clue where to get new ones. Plus it needs carb work, I'm sure, B+C, etc. Also need a Clutch side recoil for a 6-10 I've got, and other stuff for that, I'm sure. Got no time!!!:cry::cry:
Anyway, I've got more than enough runners to bring to this GTG, to have fun, and so I think that it's more important to spend what little time I do have helping Weimy set up. We're honored to have the opportunity to host this thing, and can't wait to see you all!:cheers:

I happen to like the 82cc XL800 thru 925 series so I was planning to bring a set of "in service and working" 82cc Homies.

How about that; the Pro Mac 850 is also 82cc's. The big debate wasn't always Husky vs. Stihl was it? That 850 is very similar to Motomedik's Super Pro 81. It may be that it's essentially a later version of the saw more than it's a different model, but the Mac experts will have to clear that up.

With the exeption of a torn apart 750, my Homelite collection consists of 9, that's right 9, variations of XL12's. Red ones, blue ones, manual and auto oilers. (all freebies too) They just keep showing up, kind of like stray cats or something. I will bring one of them as it will be an interesting point of reference in that it was certainly the most popular/common firewood saw in it's day. So, it will be fun see how it compares to the newer stuff. It will surprise guys who are not familiar with them.

Blood,

PM me and we can arrange a meet for the carpool if you still want. I've got the portable Weber. Are we all bringing food to share since this is a pot luck?

millman

I just fixed the broken pull cord on my 2095, hopefully it's running right by gtg time. I'd love to see how it compares to an 660/ 394. The last time I ran it it kept stalling out coming off the throttle once it was warmed up, dunno if I just need to get the carb right or what. :cry:

I'll throw a carb kit in the tool box. :rockn:

:laugh: Guess we will just have to see how "pampered Big Mac's" work in the 'hood with the Homies:rock:

Well, the previous owner didn't pamper it, but I suppose I could stand accused. :laugh:

I was running it against some newer saw saw at my GTG, and it was holding it's own, but half way through the log it just stopped. Forgot to put some bar oil in it. :buttkick:

I'll throw a carb kit in the tool box. :rockn:

Probably couldn't hurt. The saw has a host of things wrong with it, I've been busy and I have too many other junk saws that I use more often to keep running. The last time I had it running it was a beast. I'll have a look at it tomorrow if I'm not too busy. I might just have to lean the carb a bit, the other things I was thinking was that I may have a hole in the fuel line or a plugged vent. I'm sure you can imagine why the pullcord broke with the saw stalling out...

Well, the previous owner didn't pamper it, but I suppose I could stand accused. :laugh:

I was running it against some newer saw saw at my GTG, and it was holding it's own, but half way through the log it just stopped. Forgot to put some bar oil in it. :buttkick:

Either way it should be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing that old iron as well. I'll try to have a table setup for those who want to "tinker"...

Latest posts

Back