cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
willsaw4beer said:
What would be good for me to bring? Obviously beer for me and enough so a few people can grab a couple. What about some seasoned cherry and red oak for the fire? My money situation might be a bit rough if I don't get my state tax refund this week, so if I could contribute stuff like that it would work out well for me. I could bring some food too, hopefully somebody has some venison they'll bring. ...

Just bring your self (And saws)..I'll provide beer, your choice; my treat. (Beer for AFTER the major saw work is done!) Actually see if you can connect with Motomedik and have him meet you part way (Freeville?) cut your gas costs.

The 026 is in pieces waiting for me to take it to the dealer and have him pull the flywheel. It needs to be vac/pressure tested and almost definately needs new crank seals. The 034 and 038 mag need crank seals too, I think? They don't always do it, but sometimes when turned on their side they don't idle right. It'll be awhile before I get to them and get em tore down and fixed.

In terms of my Huskies, the 240s needs a fuel line, and the 268 has weird sized holes for the carb adjustments so the only way I can tune the carb is with the recoil cover off- the carb tool that works for everything else for some reason is too big.

The 630 JRed needs crank seals and a tank vent. The 2095 is a hell of a runner, I just need to solder the kill switch wire back on and actually sit down and get the recoil working right instead of just half assing it.

I plan on bringing my hillbilly rebuild 55 and probably the 2095, I know everybody wants to see a 2095...

Bring'em, the ones most interesting to you that is. Can't promise, but there may be a possibility we can move some of your projects forwards. Depends on what tools show up....ie puller for your flywheel...etc. I'll bring a 8hp generator as well. And some fuel line.

Anyone have a puller for his flywheel?

Last edited:
Just bring your self (And saws)..I'll provide beer, your choice; my treat. (Beer for AFTER the major saw work is done!) Actually see if you can connect with Motomedik and have him meet you part way (Freeville?) cut your gas costs.

Bring'em, the ones most interesting to you that is. Can't promise, but there may be a possibility we can move some of your projects forwards. Depends on what tools show up....ie puller for your flywheel...etc. I'll bring a 8hp generator as well. And some fuel line.

Anyone have a puller for his flywheel?

I'm making a list of what tools and supplies to bring. So far I have
-Screnches
-Orange screw drivers for carb adjusting
-1/4" Drive ratchet w/ 8mm and 10mm sockets
-Metric Box End Wrenches
-Metric Torx T Handle Set
-Metric Hex Head Set
-Piston stop
-Breaker bar with 17mm and 19mm sockets
-Needle Nose pliers
-Some spark plugs
-Mix Oil and Bar Oil
-Extra Chains
-One Big Flat Screwdriver
-TP, just in case.
-Files, Depth Gauges, General Chain Sharpening Tools
-LED snake light
-Chaps and Helmet
-Beer
-Some sort of Venison dish to pass, like chili or something easy to warm up.
-Camera, and extra batteries.

Stew

I just cut up a tenderloin and screwed up a little. Had too much left over, so you guys are the beneficiaries. I plan on bringing a stew, Grill, Soda, and Colman stove.

Millman

Just a few days to go and the weather looks good for Sunday, but there is a fair amount of rain between now and then. Can that much rain screw us up even if it is clear on Sunday? (I hope not)

Saw list is changing a bit, and will continue to do so. Trying to finish a 254XP that I got this week, and I'll want to try that out.

Food wise it looks like several guys are bringing "main dishes". Should I just bring some crunchies and some soda/water/beer? Maybe some brats for the grill?

Just a few days to go and the weather looks good for Sunday, but there is a fair amount of rain between now and then. Can that much rain screw us up even if it is clear on Sunday? (I hope not)

Food wise it looks like several guys are bringing "main dishes". Should I just bring some crunchies and some soda/water/beer? Maybe some brats for the grill?

I was up on the hill today..actually wasn't bad. Wet but not muddy.We are supposed to have a nice day tomorrow, rain friday (Possibilty) and then light showers Saturday with a nice Sunday. So far it looks like a bit more rain won't hurt anything. A lot of rain might hurt the "poplar" area...but the rest will be fine. We can drop more tree's if required..to make up for the poplars, if its wet down there.

Should be OK. I'll check Saturday and post Saturday Evening.

I'm making a list of what tools and supplies to bring. So far I have
-Screnches
-Orange screw drivers for carb adjusting
-1/4" Drive ratchet w/ 8mm and 10mm sockets
-Metric Box End Wrenches
-Metric Torx T Handle Set
-Metric Hex Head Set
-Piston stop
-Breaker bar with 17mm and 19mm sockets
-Needle Nose pliers
-Some spark plugs
-Mix Oil and Bar Oil
-Extra Chains
-One Big Flat Screwdriver
-TP, just in case.
-Files, Depth Gauges, General Chain Sharpening Tools
-LED snake light
-Chaps and Helmet
-Beer
-Some sort of Venison dish to pass, like chili or something easy to warm up.
-Camera, and extra batteries.

Here's a list of some of the things that I will be bringing:
Food:
Blackberry coffee cake
Split pea soup
Smoked fish
Grilled Venision strips on skewers
Misc. drinks

Stuff:
Outdoor propane cooker
Safety Gear
Carheart suit
swamp boots and work boots
rain suit
Oil/Fuel
saws/ chains/files
Tools
Small table

Is anyone going from the Buffalo/ Niagara Falls area who wants to carpool?

We got a fair amount of rain today...

The weather is supposed to be showers & windy tonight.

Tomorrow windy...my bet is things dry up.

I will post tomorrow for a weather update.

I've got new sneakers on the truck, big knobby tires... bring it on!

I'll be up there anyway, reguardless of weather! So your certainly welcome! (Just listen for the saw! ) If you have a good 4x4 you can get to anywhere I'll be.

Tomorrow windy with rain and snow showers (Not steady)...my bet is things dry up. Look at the "hour by hour" and things will be cold and windy Sunday.....in the thirties with wind chills in the high 20's. Actually a good day to work...not as good to stand around! So HOT food and HOT things like Coffee and Hot Cocoa are the best!

I will be up on the hill reguardless as thats what we do. I have a lot of work to do on fence lines and getting trees down for next years firewood...so if we don't do an official GTG because of weather, and some one drops in anyway...theres cuttin to be done!

I will post tomorrow for a weather update...I think I may have to drop one area but the others will be "OK"

Last edited:
I've got my little list of "saw prep" items to do tomorrow afternoon at the home shop. I'm bagging the idea about the forestry expo at the Glen, in part due to the weather, but the store has been very busy this week, and I'm not into the two day mission. I'll probably leave from down here around 5:00, so keep that coffee hot cause I'll surely need one when I get there.

I will bring the 576, which along with my 350/46 will be my only newish saws. I figure it's something that most guys have never seen, so it will be interesting in that regard. The line up of oddball saws that will be there will make this a good time. Why bother to do a GTG and see the same saws you see every day?

I'll bring a tool box with the essentials in it. I'll also have a tach, and bring a few plugs and fuel filters, air gap gauge.

From reading all of the posts here, and what guys have, I'll bring some specific items that may be of interest to some of you. :cheers:

The weather report sounds like it will be a perfect day to be out running saws.

I am still in regardless of weather. We are headed to Ithaca tomorrow night to stay with my wife's sister, so I will just leave from there in the morning. The jeep has new tires as well, so I should be able to make it through whatever.

I am bringing:
ms441
346xp
homelite super 2 (if i can fix the oiler tonight)
mix and b/c oil
files
basic tools
axe
wedges

I am not sure what to bring in the way of food. I thought I could bring something to throw on the grill/fire , beverages, and maybe some cornbread or something. Any requests would be great.

What time does this thing start? Does it run all day? I have never been to a GTG before:)

Latest posts

Back