cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walt,
Do we want to start narrowing down dates? I know the dates of all my planned camping trips, those plus 6/6, 7/4, 9/5,6,7 are out.
I'll list all the dates tonight after I check with the 'Social Secretary'.
Jim

P.S. searched all that nonsence and couldn't come up with anything but the fact that it's Syrian

My summer is still up in the air, but if I am not out of town, I'll be there. I just got my little crunched, 028wb all put together with a chainbrake retrofit. It will be fun to run it at the GTG!

This is off topic, but have any of you guys been to the Woodcutters Supply in Akron, NY? If you run or own Stihls, you will love it. They have a whole dairy barn full of parts saws! I just picked up the complete chainbrake kit for the 028 for $43! They were apparently, the top selling Stihl dealer in the country the last couple years. Cool place. They let me work on my saw on their counter while they grabbed me parts, so they were sure I had everything I needed, since I drove an hour to get there.

Hey, all!

I'll of course be looking forward to seeing everyone and any new faces that would like to come to the farm for more woodcuttin' fun! I've been working a little on a ported cylinder for the "Tree-fitty" (Thanks, Spike!!) I'll have that going for the next one and at least in the tuning phase. I'm also trying to come up with a better air filtration set-up for the 7300, as I think that is the weak point on the Dolmars. See what I can come up with...

Pick a time...I'm cutting fields down..the ones not good for hay yet this weekend. Next weekend Starting first cutting.

Pick a venue as well. We weren't able to take advantage of the different places on the farm because of weather last time....but having a centralized spot up in a field along with places in the woods to cut in the woods is possible...is that still something that would be fun???

I still have a "blow down" area of Poplars setup from last time....a Beech stand that needs to come down, and stand of Maple with issues as well...

The hedge row three of you folks were able to help drop a Cherry & Ash tree has about four more just like those...

I've been grinding away with my 455 pretty steadily since the last GTG....

One thing that could be fun is blending quads with a saw place where we can get to places more than a few hundred yards from the "central " location.

(Even better vintage dirt bikes to go for a RIDE after clearing TRAIL.)

OR

Forget the motorized travel and have you folks with HORSES show us horse logging.

YOU guys needs to drive this...let us know what would be of interest enough to justify a bunch of hours on the road and swatting flys & checking for ticks!

Last edited:
I am interested in another GTG. A friend and I just went to the northeast GTG at The Cutting Edge in Greenwich, NY. It was a blast.
Just post when and where it is and we will be good for two maybe three people.:cheers::agree2:

Only weekends that I can't make are July 18-19 and 25-26, as I will be in an environment that is void of chainsaws. (the beach). So, any other weekend the entire summer is OK with me.

I'm still bummed about not making the first one, so I'm eager for another shot at coming up and meeting you guys.

I'm open to whatever format is favored by the majority of guys, but I'm more into some kind of usefull work project than the racing thing. I'm more interested in comparing and running different saws in decent size logs. Especially some older stuff that not everybody gets to see very often.

Racing is cool, and I used to do it myself, but cants, stopwatches, and cutting for 8 seconds at a time isn't as much fun as hogging into a big chunk of wood with a big old loud saw.

I'm open to whatever format is favored by the majority of guys, but I'm more into some kind of usefull work project than the racing thing. I'm more interested in comparing and running different saws in decent size logs. Especially some older stuff that not everybody gets to see very often.

Racing is cool, and I used to do it myself, but cants, stopwatches, and cutting for 8 seconds at a time isn't as much fun as hogging into a big chunk of wood with a big old loud saw.

Yea..I agree. Get out into the woods vs. standing around as well. Try to do something different than the typical. I'd like to see a race saw or two in the mix for variety and you never know, it might spark interest and expand the sport!

Also if enough folks have other coinciding interests the could be mixed in that could be fun as well.

I happen to like my 1970 era Motoross bikes. Work Horses& Implements, Quads, Old Tractors etc. I also would like to see more "brought back from dead" vintage saw iron as well.

As far as dates are concerned....pretty open. Sometime in August I have to head south to our place down there..I think late August. Other than that, you guys pick and I can work around. Starting next week I plan to start Hay operations and will pretty much be driven by weather on how much thru out the summer.

Last edited:
August 22nd is probably the only week end I can not make it. May son turns 5 that week end. If another week end works for everyone else than great, otherwise I will have to wait for the next one.

Latest posts

Back