cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like fun already! So..lets get a count going. WHO would like to be a part of this?

(Looks like a work bench will be in order...so I will have a place setup to rip & tear)

I also still have a couple of places I had set up for our spring GTG ...I will go out there this weekend and clean them up to see how time has treated them...

Hey Walter,

I am in! I think my neighbor, who is also an AS member, wants to go, I'll have to talk to him to be sure.

Is there a solid date? If so what is it?

Dan

Anyone have vintage dirt bikes? If you do bring them along! By then there will be plenty of trails to ride.
How far west are you ? I might could make a trip if you're not 1/2 way to Buffalo and I don't have a bike race that weekend.
I have a few bikes I could bring. A '78 PE250, an '82 DR200 and an '03 GasGas EC300. Bring a helmet, etc., if you want to ride them.

More looking to add interesting hobbies to these GTG's, and old saws are "two strokes", so are most old dirt bikes...there is some synergy in there somewhere...both can be enjoyed in the woods.

My vintage trail bike:

picture.php

My trail Bike:

picture.php

My Suzuki:

picture.php

What I would like to consider is blending two "fun" activities...vintage bike, like that KTM & your PE 250 are the type of thing that might be fun to have along with the saws...I like my old Homies as well.

I have around 7-10 miles of trails that are vintage "freindly" and could be just another fun activity to add to this event....

All in a day?

Careful there Weimy, we might be havin' to make this a two day "National"!
Lots of stuff to do all in a day.
I've got this climbing thing rattling around in my brain, I'd love to play "groundie" for anyone willing to teach and offer pointers. I'd also like to see what the little old Allis could move in the woods. Anyone for some mini logging? (Actually the real mini logger is the old Suzuki King Quad.) Those are my ideas for the GTG.
Oh, Yeah, And my bike Could use to have its juices rearranged, its been a while since I did it in the dirt.

Last edited:
CSW- Basically yes, but my 400 looks like heck, has been raced every weekend for 3 seasons and has countless hours of riding and trail work on it and has never had the top off! The bergs aren't bad but have issues more than the VORs, they're also very similar to older KTMs and some Huskies (same designers). Wait till you ride Walt's latest Frankenbike VOR :clap:
MMfaller-Hey there what you been up to this summer? That saw sounds cool, you better be there dude! Keep yer eyes right here and ther'll be a date set soon.

Bikes and saws? Two of my favorite things. I'm in, if I can get the time away.:clap:

dirty bikes; 87 TLR 200 Reflex, 94 DR350 and 05 450exc, and the DR even has a rack to carry a saw.

Saws, too many to list. Mostly orange and "grey", orange, couple of yellas and a few odd balls.

Just another bump to keep it going, with saturday being August 1st.

Are we firm on Aug 15 and 16?

I'm psyched and ready to go.:chainsawguy:

Just another bump to keep it going, with saturday being August 1st.

Are we firm on Aug 15 and 16?

I'm psyched and ready to go.:chainsawguy:

I just found out my folks are coming to town for a visit that weekend. Don't change it just for me, but, I won't be able to make it that weekend. Any others should be good.

I would just bring them with me, but they don't seem to have the normal urge to recreationally run chainsaws all day that I have.

As long as I'm not logging I'll be there... But where is it? I'll bring my work saws. 7901, Ported 044 PNW, and the 340 Husky if I get the fuel line fixed by then. I don't have a bike, but I do have a wheeler.

Anyone around Verona? Thats where our logging and shaving operation is.

Like I said before, as long as I ain't logging I can be there, even if I am logging I'll try to get there for a few hours since I missed the last one. But uh... Where's it at?

Well for a last chance at consensus...I'll try something else. How about those who are interested list the dates they are good with...including the 15-16 and we can either finalize or set a new time.

Me... August 8/9 & 15/16, And from the second weekend in September on to the end of the year are good for me. There is a slim possibility I can also be around the last weekend of August 29,30...but again family issues are most likely going to take that one away.

ALSO I will have an antique International W4 to pull things with along with the little 4x4 1433 Massey. Anyone have an antique tractor to show off?

AND if you have a work quad or 1970's era dirt bike we can do a little trail riding to add some flavor. (I can break out my old '79 KTM)

Bring bug spray...If someone has a wall tent that might be nice. The activities we will be doing for our farm will be clearing trail, firewood harvesting..(a stand of beech), AND MAYBE slab milling planks for out-buildings (IF we have time to focus as this is time intensive). THAT will entail dropping trees, limbing & general cleanup, and then chainsaw milling slabs. Think you have HP?

I would also like to have an informal saw race for pre-1970 saws..reguardless of size. Start cold and cut thru 25inch plus hard wood.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back