cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Cow! I just wanted to check the thread before hitting the sack and there are certainly some interesting developements. :dizzy:

As long as the roads are clear, I'm still in. Not that I can't drive in the snow, but I don't want a 3 hour trip to become a 5 or 6 hour journey. I'll at least check the radar before I head out in the morning.

I've already got the Jeep loaded up with about seven saws and stuff. But if you guys are just going to bring a few I'll pull some of them out. We probably won't run as many different saws in those conditions anyhow. I assume that we are now talking more contemporary, get some work done, type saws and not the big and old stuff. Geez, I spent the whole week deciding which saws to bring, and now I have to make adjustments!

I suppose that I'll have to make some adjustments in the footwear department also. :(

In a way this could actually make the whole thing more fun. Definitely a hard core event, with lot's of gallows humor about how sick we all are.

I'm gettin some shut-eye.

Holy Cow! I just wanted to check the thread before hitting the sack and there are certainly some interesting developements. :dizzy:

As long as the roads are clear, I'm still in. Not that I can't drive in the snow, but I don't want a 3 hour trip to become a 5 or 6 hour journey. I'll at least check the radar before I head out in the morning.

I've already got the Jeep loaded up with about seven saws and stuff. But if you guys are just going to bring a few I'll pull some of them out. We probably won't run as many different saws in those conditions anyhow. I assume that we are now talking more contemporary, get some work done, type saws and not the big and old stuff. Geez, I spent the whole week deciding which saws to bring, and now I have to make adjustments!

I suppose that I'll have to make some adjustments in the footwear department also. :(

In a way this could actually make the whole thing more fun. Definitely a hard core event, with lot's of gallows humor about how sick we all are.

I'm gettin some shut-eye.

Thats ..funny! I'll have the farm road accessable even if I have to get the big iron out to do it! Check just before you leave. I'll post if armagedden happens over nite! I'm headed down there one more time before shut eye..my guess is since we are at altitude, we're getting way more snow than anywhere else. Typical to have a seven to ten degree difference between here and Cortland...(800ft altitude change)..maybe we should have a red neck hill climb to see if anyone can get to the upper fields..

Weimie, what's the temp? is it sticking on the town roads?

32 with light snow in cortland...lower here & blizzard conditions. Typical. Supposed to stop by midnight and then get really windy...and then nice by tomorrow. I'm headed to town right now for stuff...I'll post what its like down there.

Last edited:
10:45PM (20:45)

Cortland: 34 degrees, wet roads.

Walters Farm: 3 miles away; 27 degrees, roads snow covered & drifting past 8 inches

Morphing from saw to snawoo to snow adventure.:dizzy:

Last edited:
I think the idea of a mini-gtg incorporating motorcycles is a great idea!
They could be pretty much short notice, and no prep work. We could just meet up, ride to some saw orientated location, yak about saws for a while, get dinner( yak about saws some more), then head home. Works for me.
CSW

I like this idea as well..........as crazy as that sounds today.:dizzy:

Haven't been on AS in awhile and saw this thread. Just a bit over a few hills from me too. I can't make it to this one, knee deep in a DR350 project this weekend, but will watch for coming gtgs. Have fun in the snow tomorrow.:chainsaw:

OK...

County came thru at 4:30 and plowed the "main" road. Snow stopped, now the wind is blowing and the snow is drifting.

My farm road is covered and beginning to drift.

I'll have that old quad out in front of the Farm w/ that old saw on the back pointing to the barn yard (sometime around seven this morning) untill I have the "farm" road open.

(Look for a "red-eyed" old man on a equally red little tractor pushin snow around the farm or the farm road down into the valley)

Motomedik will be here around 8:00 to host until I get things plowed out and chores done to clean up after this storm.

I would suggest all to check in at the farm/barn yard...first. If your vehicle is "marginal" for snow 4wd work, park up here and I'll taxi you & stuff down with one of our cars.

picture.php

When the farm road down to the "gtg" road is cleared..I'll move the quad and/or saw over to it.

picture.php

Last edited:
On the way!

Leaving in a few to meet jwalker and blood. see everyone around 10:00AM

Greg

:greenchainsaw:

Road is clear..about 2inches wet snow. 4x4 will have no problems. 2wd need to park at the farm.

MIGHT be able to get up on the fieldes....maybe, We will see how much time I have. Not much snow on that road, just the first field is drifted.

Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Didn't get any snow, but sometime after two o'clock the wind knocked the power out, and with it, the alarm clock and my necessary early start from down here. Wanted to leave by 5:00, but woke up at 7:20. Plus I wasn't able to get online and check conditions up there until about 20 minutes ago. :(

You guys have a good time, and cut safe!

Well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Didn't get any snow, but sometime after two o'clock the wind knocked the power out, and with it, the alarm clock and my necessary early start from down here. Wanted to leave by 5:00, but woke up at 7:20. Plus I wasn't able to get online and check conditions up there until about 20 minutes ago. :(

You guys have a good time, and cut safe!

Spike, you were missed - I think I'm the first one home from the woods due to earlier commitments than others. Great bunch of guys, very nice selection of saws, and a lot of excellent food!

Can't thank Weimedog enough for hosting!!

Really sorry I missed it guys. Had a few jobs to take care of today since I didn't get to them yesterday. Yesterday was the Logging Expo down in Watkins Glen, so I had to get to that, even though the weather sucked. Enjoy the good weather!

Latest posts

Back