cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was muddy and snow on the ground but it turned out to be a gorgeous day, much thanks to Walter and Family for the hospitality. Thanks a million Cale.

Just got home, I made it home in just under 3 hours. What a great time! It was the perfect day.
Big thanks to Walter and family for hosting this event!
Nice to meet you guys, as well.
Hey Westsparten, thanks for swaping chains w/me, maybe someday I''ll learn how to count drive links!
CSW
P.S. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

motomedic's 7900

Well, I figured out why the 7900 beat my 361 by 1.5 sec. I was missing my rubber chain guard in the clutch cover! I know I could have beat him if I had everything!! Many thanks for everything. The saws, the food and the hospitality. Also thanks to Blood for getting my coat and gloves. I'll post my pics tomorrow of the Hungry hoard! Great Venison too!!

Millman.

:greenchainsaw:

That was fun! Thanks to a great group of folks for working around a CNY weather phenom...only place in CNY to get snow..my place...so we had to pass plan "B" and work around plan "C"

And its was educational watching JW's truely impressive 372! (And that 346..) And thanks for you all producing a ton of firewood and in particular for those three ( the westspartan & his Stihl, Motomedik & his Dolmar, Willsaw for beer & his Husqvarna ) who stayed on to drop&chop that big Ash and those cherry trees! Thats a LOT of firewood! That Stihl 441..almost makes me want to go out and get one! Nice saw.

When I saw that car coming down the road..I was thinking chains to yank it back up the hill...but its amazing what someone who knows how to drive can do in that muddy mess! (Was that you millman?)

Great folks, quite an array of saws, fun day for me. Thanks again.

Last edited:
My car

"When I saw that car coming down the road..I was thinking chains to yank it back up the hill...but its amazing what someone who knows how to drive can do in that muddy mess! (Was that you millman?)"

Yep that was me. Jason convinced me I could do it and said his 4 wheeler would pull me out if I needed it! Thanks again.

Greg

A fun time indeed, next time I'll try to show up earlier with a sharp chain and more saws. That 372xp was incredible to say the least. The new strato engined saws are alot better than they're cracked up to be, the 455 ate my 55 for lunch, and the 441 was amazing watching it cut. Thanks again to everybody for the food, letting me try out your saws, and all in all a good time.

:cheers::clap:

Well, I'm glad that you guys were able to pull it off, and it sounds like you all had a good time despite the winter encore. I trust that you all have your socks drying by your respective woodstoves tonight?

As I was taking the saws out of the Jeep, they were so disappointed that a couple of them had tears coming out of their oil ports. :cry:

Things actually worked out OK for me, as my brother who NEVER plans anything ahead of time, called me up and needed help moving some stuff out of his soon to be ex-wifes house into his new house.

I hope somebody is going to post some pics, and I hope to meet you guys at some other event in the near future.

This is the first time I have been able to get online since the GTG. I had a blast. Many thanks to Walter and Jason (aka weimedog and motomedik). Rep is on the way.

Thanks to all the guys who came and shared their food and saws.

Thanks also to J.Walker and Blood on the Ice for the door prizes. That was really cool and thoughtful of you guys.

I am still trying to link the guys who were there to their names here on AS.

I am still trying to link the guys who were there to their names here on AS.

Well, I was the one with saw chaps and an orange helmet... had a carhartt hat ... :jester:

ZerCool/Brian - I had the underling saw, that little bitty MS180 that went no-load to 15000rpm. Grey Nissan pickup.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics folks have; I forgot to bring my camera.

Well, I was the one with saw chaps and an orange helmet... had a carhartt hat ... :jester:

ZerCool/Brian - I had the underling saw, that little bitty MS180 that went no-load to 15000rpm. Grey Nissan pickup.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics folks have; I forgot to bring my camera.

i remember. that is a nice little 180.

Yep that was me. Jason convinced me I could do it and said his 4 wheeler would pull me out if I needed it! Thanks again.

THATS about right..why don't you ask Jason about his adventure a few years back getting real stubborn over the bank in our western most woods.....in his old chev 4x4!:jawdrop:

I just gota say that Willsaw4beer gets the Ax Man award for wheeling a mean splitting ax, I was impressed

Wanted to thank Weimedog for hosting the GTG.
Nice meeting everyone too!

btw Did anyone get a photo of that great looking Husky motorcycle?

Latest posts

Back