cny gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I didn't make it. I was being silent throughout the posting hoping my luck would change as it did but none-the-less I still didn't get out there. I will try to make it to the other NY gtg so if any of you make out there we see who has the fastest saw then. :biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2:

Well that Fiskers splitting ax sure was nice. Going to pick up one soon!
Was that Westspartan who wanted some logs for carving? I have alot of Basswood trees if you ever want some logs.

I am knee deep in other projects right now, but I will keep that in mind.
Thanks,
Dan

38 pictures.

OK, I got 38 pictures and will have to post them in a separate link. They will be up before I leave from work today.

It would appear that "willsaw4beer" will also saw4food!
Great pics Millman!
millman1_bucket

Food that was there.

I think we should let everyone know what they missed as far as the food and drink go.

Food list:
Bodacious Burgers
Perfect Pea Soup
Tremendous Tenderloin Stew
Super Sausages
Fantastic Fruit Salad
and the Piece de resistance........

Teriyaki venison strips. They were worth the flooded 361!!

Drinks included a case of yingling lager brought by willsaw4beer, varoius softdrinks including spicy ginger ale from CSW.

Hope to have one in the summer with some good BBQ ribs!!

Just got a moment to check the thread since Sunday!
Thanks to all that came and made it the great time that it was! The food was awesome, proving that even though it was a bit wintery, we can still put a mean meal together in the bush!
Thanks to Millman and Chainsawwhisperer for posting their pics.
Looking forward to the next one!

Jason

Ok..

We are into hay season Late june, and early September.
We have a fence project from now thru may..and getting the farm up & going.

So Early June, Late July, October on thru winter....are date possibilities to do yet another CNY GTG and cut up that wood motomedik & I had put down for the FIRST GTG. ALSO since motomedik, willsaw, & west spartan had fun dropping & blocking a couple of larger Hedge Row Ash & Cherry trees, maybe we can add some of that to the next one. IF anyones interested!

Ok..

We are into hay season Late june, and early September.
We have a fence project from now thru may..and getting the farm up & going.

So Early June, Late July, October on thru winter....are date possibilities to do yet another CNY GTG and cut up that wood motomedik & I had put down for the FIRST GTG. ALSO since motomedik, willsaw, & west spartan had fun dropping & blocking a couple of larger Hedge Row Ash & Cherry trees, maybe we can add some of that to the next one. IF anyones interested!

OK, Early June sounds nice to me. Not that hot yet, but I'm sure there will at least be no chance of snow. LOL

I'll probably do another one here in October. That's when Husky promotes their sawdust day events. Like last year, Matt, (Husky rep), will be there with the whole line up. 576 Auto-tune should be out by then. Probably some other things as well. In fact I have a Husky product meeting this Wednesday, so I hope to get an update on all of the models that will be coming and going with the impending EPA nonsense. There is an all new strato unit in the low 60cc class that is in the works.

IMO, the more of these events the better. I don't think there is a reason to worry about competing or conflicting GTG's unless they were on the same exact date. You guys all had a great time and are looking forward to another one, right? What's wrong with having them every month or two at various locations? Nobody could make them all, but they are too much fun to only attend one once or twice a year.

I can certainly host another...maybe with decent WEATHER next time! To me it boils down to timing...if a time can be set where all the people interested and involved agree will work..I will make space and tree's available.

We can use a hay field next time or have a hedge row cleaning / clearing party like we ended the last one with....I also have a few projects started in the woods to clear Beach & Hop Hornbeam that can be wrapped into the fray..(Along with sellective clearing of some Ash and damaged Maple) LOTS to do as usual! The horses should be on the hill in a week or so along with some bovine company...

I have some DEC inituatives that may come to our place that could be interesting to some and I believe I can have a DEC forester present info and answer questions if I make an effort to rope him in...

If there is a more conveinient place available, or if someone else ( jeeptj19992001 the one who ORIGIONALLY started this thread!) wants a chance to host one;.. I can turn this one into a motorcycle/saw trip and plan to do one in the Fall as well! You folks collectively have to give direction to this..

I plan to cut hay early to mid June based on how fast things are progressing around here...I can flex though as my hay "time" requirements aren't quite as focased as years past...(getting older ya' know)

Last edited:
If I'm not already camping on the date decided, I'll be there! With more venison! And maybe I'll bring some Mallard or Bluebill creation as well.
CSW
P.S. Walter, unfortunately I'll only be able to stay for a week or two. lol

:cheers:

PS:

ÍÏËÊ ÇáÃÎØÇÁ ÇáÊÇáíÉ ÚäÏ ÅÑÓÇá åÐå ÇáÑÓÇáÉ.....ever do a "dog pile" search on this mystry text string??? ( The one in your signiture?) You might be suprised what you find.

Latest posts

Back