Coming Soon!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sir. Will be poured on rock. And that's not top soil. Thats 100% hard azz Missouri clay.

We have to pour on compacted gravel here. Clay would cause the slab to destruct in short order from the movement of freezing and thawing.

Footers normally are 4-6 ft deep. Not sure why exactly, frost depth is about 10ft.
I've never lived in a hot climite, so just used to building to deal with -40*

We have to pour on compacted gravel here. Clay would cause the slab to destruct in short order from the movement of freezing and thawing.

Footers normally are 4-6 ft deep. Not sure why exactly, frost depth is about 10ft.
I've never lived in a hot climite, so just used to building to deal with -40*
The average frost line in Missouri is 18".

There's a 3ft frost wall in the ground to keep all moisture from getting under the pad. And the back wall is 4ft tall to make up for the bank I had to put it in. Sat the forms will be pulled and the center dug out enough to put rock and plastic down then it will will have the rebar finished installed. O I skipped a step. Once dug 2 trenchs will be cut to lay the sewer pipe in and an additional trench with 6" pipe for my wood boiler to run into the shop. Sleeves are already in the frost wall to run these pipes threw.
Is this what ya mean?

Onand shallow trenchs will be cut to lay a 4" drain tile under there too.
yeah...so you will have floor water heat??

Back