Commercial Tree Forums should be the ONLY Forums

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consulting fee,gee

Well,I suppose I could ask for a consulting fee,every thing I make a suggestion about repairing an old saw.Better still,a higher fee,for explaining how to cut a worm gear,on an engine lathe.Still more ,by telling how to make a rotary 3 phase converter.After all,the info is all mine,from 40 plus years of tinkering.Some how,I didn't think this particular forum had that in mind.On second thought,I'll do just as I have.Maybe I can help somebody out.I'll also bet that somebody can help me out also,with timely info.That,my friend,is what this forum is about.

Hey...

check out this offer by

Jason Ladue

.i bet i have a better sense for beer And tree work than you. lets hook up. maybe i can show you how to arrange your priorities,

Heck, why don't you just start a forum so we can ask you?

:cool: :cool: :cool:

KNUDE NOGGIN...

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I'm organized. so much so I list is in some profiles as an interest. Once ol' Ledue helps me with my priorities, just think how much more organized I'l be.

thats not a bad offer,as long as he brings plenty of beer,and doesnt mind doing some unpaid work

Hey AL, I'm useing a 5HP electric motor for a phase splitter. Maybe we should have posted the Phase splitter stuff with the log splitter fourm to keep things tidy? I also have some chainsaws and will be adding another 346XP to my collection soon.

mario, since we're palynig around here, why dont you start your own governmental agency...im sure you'd do well w/it- heck, go federal. hey, i know- you could call it the Bureau of Underappreciated Tree Talkers Having Every Availble Dollar ;)

Well, since I was appointed by the Governor of Oregon to my second term on the Oregon Landscape Contractors Board, I don't think I need to start an agency.

I'm busy taking care of busines there - anything you were familiar with?

Number one issue is the current legislation to move all the Oregon tree services from the CCB (builders board) to the landscape board instead so the entire green agency can be on the same page.

It's already been to hearing and work session. I guess you know about that one.

This is to eradicate the need for 2 licenses to do arboriculture. Currently there is not a clear-cut way to prune, plant and cable under one license alone. Only the landscapers have the edge because in their work, the CCB laws and rules grant an exemption to do tree work without a CCB license as long as they have a LCB license. On the other hand, tree service with the CCB do not have an exemption to plant or transplant trees without a LCB license.

My second 3 year term is over next fall and I'll be glad for the change of pace.

Stinkin' meddlesome ,Big Brother, Pinko commie, slave mentality, ratfaced pukes in government. If the owner licenses the work that is enough for free people.

mario, that is cool. i'm not quite sure i understand some of the stipulations you are working on, but it sounds like good stuff. if you do decide to go on along this avenue in your career you can still use my idea for the agency name- for a nominal fee of course...

M.D. Vaden-your whole tone reminds me of one of those limpwristed city worker arborists I have had to take instructions from in the past. They really think that they are something special and that they are oracles of knowledge but the men who actually do the work know the truth. I cant stand people that beak off about treework, and couldnt even start a big saw unless it had decomp. (unless they are disabled, thats way different). You can be a i.s.a. certified, but can ya climb a 140ft fir to the top and cut it down? If ya can good for you, but why try to limit other people? Its great your tight with the Gov. you name dropping knowledge strangler, but one of the best things about your country is freedom of speech. no offence.

Clearance...

Clearance...

I don't put an ounce of worth in your opinion.

I didn't even want to be on the board for another 3 years, but I was the only person on the board as a landscape contractor that also had arborist experience. That means to fix the mess, I had to volunteer the loss of another $6000 worth of my time for 3 more years. In the process, I managed to enable another ISA person to get on the landscape board so we could fix this mess.

You see, all us Oregon tree and landscape guys already have to have licenses. This project means less licenses.

So.....I don't care. Why on earth would I want to climb a 140 ft. tree after multiple back injuries and a weak knee that got dislocated 3 times in one summer alone?

Hey MasterBlaster... Now you can say I'm not being family with someone. ;)

Good thing I don't drive an SUV...then I'd really get criticism. Ever heard some B. C. people get bent about SUV drivers?

[ geez masterblaster, I just noticed your a bit short of a zillion posts. Can anyone live long enough to post that many times on here?]

Last edited:
hey mario, i'm kinda glad clearance said what he did; i was starting to worry that my words had been a little harsh w/ you right off the bat... btw did anyone happen to notice the acronym in my imaginary federal group idea or am i just the only one who found humor in it? peace guys... :cool:

Thanks, glad you found humor.

I think Clearance needs to find something else.

I'm his limp-wrist nightmare's worst nightmare - even forced one into 5 years early retirement.

And as far as work - two opinions count higher on my totem pole of judges. One was a cowboy and the other a Kansas farmer - they asked me "do you always work that hard"?

M.D. Im sorry I was mean. Just cause what you said pissed me off it was wrong of me to respond like that.

Nice of you...

(FRIEND :D)

By the way - I was born in B.C.. - lived here since the '60s though.

About the landscape board thing - it's not really my cup of tea - that's why I did not like working for the state of Oregon or City of Portland even for 2 years of that kind of employement.

I only went on the board because I like to stir up situations and reorganize. If anything bugs me, it's storing problems.

Me going on the board - LET ME SEE - HOW TO ILLUSTRATE ??...oh yes...Ever pruned a thck nasty hawthorn tree? Me being on the board is like an arborist agreeing to prune an old hawthorn that has been neglected, yet shows great potential. It's painful, nasty and miserable. That's about how I feel about being on a board. It's got to be done, and I'll do my best, but I won't love it.

You can't imagine how much I look forward to my term being over. I would have resigned long ago, but I stuck to my commitment. Then the only reason I went for a second term was because I understood the tree industry and knew my ONE VOTE may be very important. We often face 3 votes to 4 or at times 4 votes to 3. There are 7 on the board. 5 industry and 2 representing the public.

Losing 1 or 2 weekdays of my work week for the meetings has been a bit costly to me. That will ease after I'm done next fall.

Anyway,

Have a great day... :)

I think I might take a drive to the ocean tomorrow - maybe take few videos or pictures.

Haha. And I get beeched at for posting smilies.

aaf_lol.gif

"Beseech"..?

I haven't heard that term in a while.

Thou for certainty must hath the lips of he who walketh with the wise, and standeth in the counsel of the ancients.

Take care brethren.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Latest posts

Back