compare 50 cc saws for me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fun175

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How does the husky 353 compare to my old 55 closed port?
would i notice much improvement running 18" bar?
would a ms260 impress me! or keep what i got!!!!

In the 50ish cc class- hard to beat a McC10-10 or a Homelite XL. I will take a 10-10 over any new saw any chance I get!

got a homelite

I've got a good sxl-ao, but dont like numb hands!!!
kinda figured not much diff. on those 50cc saw's

If your 55 is in good order, the two saws mentioned wont impress. 260 being less impressive!

The 353 is a very good saw and smoother better antivibe. A 346xp might impress, as would a 357xp, 550xp, 555, 562xp for sure...

If your a Husky guy get yourself a 555.
If your a Stihl guy get a 261.
If your a Echo man get a 500P.

They are all good saws. Find the dealer that you like and will give you good service and support and you can't go wrong with any of them. We sell Stihl and Echo and the MS 261 has been by1 far one of the best selling saws to commercial firewood operations we've ever seen. We're selling 2-3 a week and not one has been back in the shop for any work since they have been introduced well over a year ago closer to two years. They are simply bullet proof, no better air filteration on the market, my two have become our favorite saws, the 555 has been a great saw for those that have reviewed them on here, anyway you go the 50cc saws of today will be a big improvement over what you have. There is no comparison between the older 026/260 platform and the 261, the 261 is alot more saw.

IMHO I have had a 50/50 expierience with those 5105's. First I got was nice. I made a recommendation based on that and it bit me. The other saw was a real dog. As such I can not recommend one. You are probably better off with a 261 or 346 xp.

001.jpg

MS 261 is a vary strong saw for it's size :msp_thumbup:

I would buy a 550xp again in a heart beat. I had a 260, and really liked it. The ergonomics and handling were perfect. BUT, as far as power goes, it isnt in the same league as my 550.
I had a 261 as well, and they are no slouch. I would recommend the 261 or the 550. The 550 is a little stronger in my opinion and lighter.

With what you have mentioned, I dont think there is anything extra to gain by having a 260 but they are nice saws.

i just picked up a 2152 jonsered (353 husky) 16" for full time logging use and love it. i did do a muffler mod to it and plan to port it at some time. i use it to fell and limb twitches behind my cable skidder. some large maple even.
it is a little less powerful and slower than my 2156 or 262, but so comfy and easy to handle. i also prefer the overall ability of the 353 over the 346.

I would buy a 550xp again in a heart beat. I had a 260, and really liked it. The ergonomics and handling were perfect. BUT, as far as power goes, it isnt in the same league as my 550.
I had a 261 as well, and they are no slouch. I would recommend the 261 or the 550. The 550 is a little stronger in my opinion and lighter.

With what you have mentioned, I dont think there is anything extra to gain by having a 260 but they are nice saws.

I wanted a ms260 for awhile, love the size, weight and feel in the hand. But was very disappointed when I finally got to run one. I agree, 550xp, or the larger ms261, depending on which brand one prefers...

How does the husky 353 compare to my old 55 closed port?
would i notice much improvement running 18" bar?
would a ms260 impress me! or keep what i got!!!!

The closest new Husky to your old 55 is likely a 555. Bout the same weight, MUCH smoother, more CC's and a lot more power...

Kind of funny that my stock 346 NE (16 tanks through it) cuts right with my muff modded 026. Both saws run 18" bars 8 pin and .325 rs or rm chain. I'm sure if I mod the 346 it would pull away significantly but I kind of like a quieter saw and It give all the peerformance I need for a saw it's size. I tend to use a 70cc saw mostly anyway. If you get a 026 and muff modd run 18" .325 non-safety chain it you'll be very happy.

if the saws are gonna be bigger why not look at a 6400? for the money you can't beat the dolmars/makitas. unless your brand loyal. and then after your bored of the 64cc's upgrade to the 7900 top end...

on the same note..

if the saws are gonna be bigger why not look at a 6400? for the money you can't beat the dolmars/makitas. unless your brand loyal. and then after your bored of the 64cc's upgrade to the 7900 top end...

..anybody here knows what's the biggest P&C set can be put on a 2152 / 353(?) [you know, the two parallel J'red/Husqy]

say?

...would a ms260 impress me!...

The MS260 is older technology. The newer 50cc saws make more power and are more fuel-efficient. Couldn't be happier with mine, though; it's the best-performing tool I own. For some reason it runs harder than those I see on YouTube, which sound a bit sleepy to me.

Latest posts

Back