Concern over receiving stolen Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A rather "Grungy" (no disrespect intended) brought two Stihls 056 and 032 in to Mike's shop this morning and wanted $150.00 for them. I declined to buy them strictly for the reason of the condition of the saws. They were almost MINT. They ran perfectly. I strongly suspect they are stolen. He gave me his cell number if I changed my mind. I thought of calling the local Sherriff who I graduated from school with and ask if there any stolen equipment reported. He had a load of "items" on a clapped out pick-up. Opinions wanted Quick. Thanks

+1 :rock:
Policy at the shop here when in doubt is "Um, I'll think about it but let me run the serial numbers first k?" 99.9% of the time the 'person' will skidaddle right away if they're hot (good thing to check out the numbers anyhoo imho). Good on ya mate!

:cheers:

Yep!!!!

+1 :rock:
Policy at the shop here when in doubt is "Um, I'll think about it but let me run the serial numbers first k?" 99.9% of the time the 'person' will skidaddle right away if they're hot (good thing to check out the numbers anyhoo imho). Good on ya mate!

:cheers:

+1!!!!

UPDATE< They got the Dog

They got him, and his woman. Dumb fool answered the phone and brought the goods to a Deputy/plainclothes officer. It was all stolen, plus a ton of other stuff at his home. He showed the Deputy all of it, then got busted. I know you won't beleive it. METH HEADS. Need I say more. Dang, I'd like to have owned those saws. But, I'd rather get them straight up.

Spacemule

I'm not a pawnshop guy. Just a grouchy old retired fart that helps around the local mower repair shop. Thanks for the ethics comment though, I appreciate that.
Bob

They got him, and his woman. Dumb fool answered the phone and brought the goods to a Deputy/plainclothes officer. It was all stolen, plus a ton of other stuff at his home. He showed the Deputy all of it, then got busted. I know you won't beleive it. METH HEADS. Need I say more. Dang, I'd like to have owned those saws. But, I'd rather get them straight up.

Great Job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wish we would teach thief's a lesson about stealing, like they did to folks when I lived in Turkey.
They wouldnt steal again with one of their hands. ;) :laugh:

rep for doing the right thing

you did the right thing,because of you hopefully they can find the owners of the stuff and return it.
good job,you deserve a pat on the back.

Thieves on Ebay also.

Yeah it's kinda' odd when a guy is auctioning off all the parts for a Harley except for the cases and frame.
I usually check their history of sales before I buy.
I've had 2 sleds stolen.Both I built from scratch.

You definitely did the right thing! After an investigation by your local L.E. it is very probable that the stolen items, including those sweet saws, will get returned to their owners. Maybe even a firend of yours. Thanks you for your decision to get involved.

...I know you won't beleive it. METH HEADS. Need I say more...

When it comes to Meth heads, I'd believe anything. What little brains they ever had get rotted out pretty quick with that crap.

Anyway, good deed on calling LE-your karma has been improved greatly...

Thank you for doing the right thing. I wish more people stood up to the thieves in our society rather than being tempted by the opportunity to profit from them.

Latest posts

Back