concrete

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmack

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
we hit concrete, huge oak probally about 15'down anybody have suggestions, we cannot get dis b# down the stick is 25'.by 50dbh. nightmare!

the estimate sheet that you wrote on should have a clause at the bottom that says something to the extent of unforseen or unexpected circumstances may incurr additional fees.

I have on the bottom of my bid sheets that my lawyer wrote up to cover my ass in case someone refuses to pay for what has already been done.

I either would leave the the log where it stands for a few hundred less than I bid or charge extra to bring my excavator or bull dozer in. I left a log stick up about 6' a few weeks ago after 8 cuts in various different places and hit nails every time. Told the lady to take off a $200 off the bill or pay a $1,000 extra to have the excavator remove the stump. She went for the $200 off and appeared very satisfied that the tree that was ready to fall on her house was down.

Use a cutoff saw to cut an access path through the wood to the concrete, then jackhammer? I mean cut two parallel lines all around, like maybe a foot apart or so, all the way down to the concrete core, then chip the wood out with some splitting wedges. Create some room to work on the concrete. Then go after it with the jackhammer.

Hard to do a clean notch and backcut with a jackhammer, but it might work.
shrug.gif

I agree, but I would cut as much of the concrete as possible with the cut off saw.

Jim

John464 said:
the estimate sheet that you wrote on should have a clause at the bottom that says something to the extent of unforseen or unexpected circumstances may incurr additional fees.

I have on the bottom of my bid sheets that my lawyer wrote up to cover my ass in case someone refuses to pay for what has already been done.

I either would leave the the log where it stands for a few hundred less than I bid or charge extra to bring my excavator or bull dozer in. I left a log stick up about 6' a few weeks ago after 8 cuts in various different places and hit nails every time. Told the lady to take off a $200 off the bill or pay a $1,000 extra to have the excavator remove the stump. She went for the $200 off and appeared very satisfied that the tree that was ready to fall on her house was down.
ya no worries on chain or manpwer charges this is a gem client, excavator is outstanding suggestion i guess burying my virgin out o the box 32in bar and chain fresh from baileys got me all twisted up, sweet thankyou

BlueRidgeMark said:
Use a cutoff saw to cut an access path through the wood to the concrete, then jackhammer? I mean cut two parallel lines all around, like maybe a foot apart or so, all the way down to the concrete core, then chip the wood out with some splitting wedges. Create some room to work on the concrete. Then go after it with the jackhammer.

Hard to do a clean notch and backcut with a jackhammer, but it might work.
shrug.gif
if it was on da ground it would be an option fer sure

John464 said:

yea went thru 2 32 chains and a 28 cheap, before the concrete it went so smooth,soo glad i did'nt try to pull dis b#@*, over btw way the top crashed da roof in the last big storm we got over here

Last edited:
TopJimmy said:
I agree, but I would cut as much of the concrete as possible with the cut off saw.

Jim
tj we would need scaffold and union carpenters dis concrete was probally put in by jon davey himself it goes for 15', i took some pics now i gotta learn how to post em i owe it to you guys much thanks everybody j

John464 said:

btw j464 u going to the fixed rope class by nja ? 9.16
i owes ya a cold one fer sure

jmack said:
btw j464 u going to the fixed rope class by nja ? 9.16
i owes ya a cold one fer sure

haha, thanks for the offer. where is the class? u have a link?

John464 said:
haha, thanks for the offer. where is the class? u have a link?
jest checked da flyer nothing on web stuff addresses sorry j

Back