Considering a Stihl? Here's something to consider

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grrrrrrrrrr I thought I was rather nice to the OP myself, course now I may smell his hiny but no I'm not gonna kiss it, hahaha Had I been in defence mode I woulda cornered the poor guy by saying ya know when you pulled the plate off the carb you just blew your 2 year emisson warranty away, awwwwwwwwwww yes, the manual clearly states the repair must be done at and by a authorized dealer. See ole chap I didn't bother with all that, I gave him a pass, Christmas giving ya might say,LOLOL

As for you I refuse to say five Holy Maries unless they all look like that pic you posted, wowowow, ya trying to give me a heart attack, dayummm, psssst, ya got anymore ya wanna post, hehehehehehe

So now you are going to be "RUDE"?

What if he sent his wife in with the saw, and she looked like the one in Belgian's pic.......

Would it be warranty???????

So now you are going to be "RUDE"?

What if he sent his wife in with the saw, and she looked like the one in Belgian's pic.......

Would it be warranty???????

You better beleive it would be,haha. Course I would fix it while she waited and I can assured you it would take me hours to get it fixed,:msp_tongue:

Ya know Ole Fisherman I think that last post of his sorta made you correct in your assumtions. He sorta slurred us with that but thats ok. I think his intent was to let the world know he'd been rudely treated by a few folks. What he didn't consider is its not headline news, it won't make it on TV and it didn't make it here either. I've been rudely treated many times in my young 53 years too but I never felt it was news worthy or worth my time to sit and inform the world of those who were mean to me. Nope I just went back at nite and torched their dayumm house,:biggrin::biggrin:

(Fish ya did good)

Back in the days when Ole Thall was still full of life and fluffed his doo on a hourly basis, it was possible to post pictures of desirable flesh, but I am not sure if he still can take it......:hmm3grin2orange:

OK, If Tommy does not survive it, it's all your fault....LOL

204272d1319484757-love-jpg

Offda! Now, that is one fine looking woman! You da man, Belgian!!

I have completely forgotten what this thread is even about, now.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

But what about the pic????

Would she get a "new" saw??????

Or just a fantastic date with an old "SAWTECH"????

Or just a Wendy's double?

Ya know Ole Fisherman I think that last post of his sorta made you correct in your assumtions. He sorta slurred us with that . . . .

(Fish ya did good)

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

Moving on, bama, it's OOFda, not offda! Living where you do, you gotta know that!!! :D :D :D

If she was wearing that, I would give her anything she desired and would hope that would include me! Man, how I would love to see her in some frontal chaps with a chainsaw in hand......even a Stihl:hmm3grin2orange: would be ok with me! Get a little 2 cycle smoke in the air and the day would be perfect!

That might be a little too much woman for Mr. Hall....but then it might be worth a try, in my opinion.

If the Wendy's double looked half as good, I would still be in!

Fish a hottie like that would get nothing outta me. I would say young lady you get some clothes on before you come in here, what'd the hell is a matter with you girl. Ok I confess that was a bold face lie,:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If she was wearing that, I would give her anything she desired and would hope that would include me! Man, how I would love to see her in some frontal chaps with a chainsaw in hand......even a Stihl:hmm3grin2orange: would be ok with me! Get a little 2 cycle smoke in the air and the day would be perfect!

That might be a little too much woman for Mr. Hall....but then it might be worth a try, in my opinion.

If the Wendy's double looked half as good, I would still be in!

Too much, huh, no such thing as too much, there is such a thing as not enough,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Well I started to leave the brake pads on as well, but figured someone would make a comment about optional pads for the chain brake :smile2:

dw

OK boys; I leave you to your mutual admiration society.

Keep repeating the Club chant. Just so you won’t forget….

S – T – I – H – L

Stihl is always right!
The Dealers are always right!
If the owner calls with a question, he’s a jerk!
He’s looking for free service!
LOL at how cool we are…………
You just haven't found the right shop, or people brother. Could happen with any brand.

Phone calls

I never take in my equipment in , until I call and check to see if it is something I can do myself . Most dealers and repair shops are very considerate of this action and I consider it a must if I am going to buy or get a repair there. I find in the USA that most all people are less than honest, even the five year old will lie to you. I have worked in shops all my life and even the honest ones will take advantage of a naive person.

Question

The nearest Husky dealer is a lawn mower shop 35 miles away. They recently became a Stihl dealer also so would they now automatically be arrogant or just when dealin Stihls. Our famous shop down in Chehalis bends over backwards for customer service and the guys that work there are highley experienced and knowlageble is this a warp in the universe or because the Huskys keep the Stihl arrogance out.

A bad shop is a bad shop regardless of what or what brand they sell.

PS I own Stihls and Huskys before ya go bashing me as a Stihl zealot

here is my thing I LOVE STIHL, but i cant afford the new ones plus I think the older saws are built better just make sure if you buy a older saw make sure you can get parts for it. all saws are a pain at times to work on its just part of it the key is if you cant fix it just post on this site people will help you there are some real pros on here you just have to weed them out from other advise you will get this is in my opinion the best web site for saw repair well thats my two cents worth

I have never bought a new gas chainsaw.. mine are all older.. i have usually serviced my own snowblowers and cars and tractors etc. I have respect for the folks that work on stuff and usually get respect back.

I have been considering a new echo or stihl chainsaw and have heard that echo does not ever honor warranty on things.. have heard issues with one of my local hardware stores that sells stihl stuff... and have avoided them.. but have a very professional level hardware store that sells stihl stuff and would be quite comfortable dealing with them.

I dont understand customers expecting free service after warranty period.. i guess people can be cheap.. and i dont expect a miracle to occur when things go wrong..

However.. look at the reviews for stihl chainsaws.. hundreds of them.. there are some pretty bad ones for repeated problems under warranty. Are those bad designs?? Or poor service folks ?? Or consumers that do not know how to operate equipment?? Because chainsaws are one of those things that require skill to take care of.. you need to know how to fuel and start and operate it. If your an idiot, its not the saw or the design, or the repair guys fault.

Latest posts

Back