• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

contest feeler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welder56

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had a thought of a contest idea. I would like the moderator or administration of the site to make sure this is OK to do.

I'm a welder that makes jigs most days of the weeks and thought it would be kinda fun to give back to the site. I was thinking I could make a crankcase puller, or a crank bearing puller for whoever wins. I'll pay for the shipping as well

Maybe pick a number between 1-1000 and whoever is closest to the number I draw wins?

Let me know what you think

Sounds fun, but if a couple hundred people pick a number, how do we keep track, so we aren't choosing the same number.

Well I was thinking, let's say if 3 people picked the exact same number and that was the number I picked or closest, then we will have a second draw. 1-100 between the 3 people

How about like they do for raffles.

Everyone puts their name down, with a number and the next guy in line quotes the ones ahead and gets in line.

If your interested in selling a case splitter PM me the amount you want for one

Well I was thinking, let's say if 3 people picked the exact same number and that was the number I picked or closest, then we will have a second draw. 1-100 between the 3 people

Sounds like fun. Although, since I have no need for a case or flywheel puller- I would donate it to one of our fine saw builders. Not only would they put it to good use, but In my mind, they are always giving back to all of us by providing their services in this limited and unique market. Or, it could be donated as a winning prize for a build-off at one of the larger GTG's? All that said; my number is 69! :DScott

I'm in as well. Really cool of you to do this. Always adds excitement and added fun factor to AS. I'll go with my favourite chainsaws model number 385. There may not be 1000 people that enter though so may have to do a few drawing til you land a number someone chose.

I'm not really in the business to make money off em bws. Just wanna do it once for fun. OK well I'll make a new thread. Lay out the rules and time line. I will post it later on tonight. I was thinking also I'll probably only make the crankcase puller because it will be easier for me to make without having the exact saw sitting in front of me. I can just get a few measurements from the winner. Either way it's just suppose to be fun

I'm not really in the business to make money off em bws. Just wanna do it once for fun. OK well I'll make a new thread. Lay out the rules and time line. I will post it later on tonight. I was thinking also I'll probably only make the crankcase puller because it will be easier for me to make without having the exact saw sitting in front of me. I can just get a few measurements from the winner. Either way it's just suppose to be fun

What if we dont have any measurements and we win? I have a saw in mind if I win and there are enought poeple who might be able to help with dimensions but IDK what measurements would be required to build the proper tool... :dizzy:

Well. to be honest i dont need any measurements. i can make the puller without. ill just slot the holes for the bar studs and that way you can move the puller to where the crank is. so no worries dude

Latest posts

Back