conveyor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camoman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a line on a Conveyor with no motor for a $100.. question is , I have never used one before and not sure it would serve me well or not? Today I cut split and stack my wood , I use about 8 - 9 cords a year right now so its a bit of time and I end up handling the wood too many times (imo).

Will the wood still dry enough if its simply piled up? any issues with the pile freezing in winter? Pros/Cons?

Thanks!

I have a line on a Conveyor with no motor for a $100.. question is , I have never used one before and not sure it would serve me well or not? Today I cut split and stack my wood , I use about 8 - 9 cords a year right now so its a bit of time and I end up handling the wood too many times (imo).

Will the wood still dry enough if its simply piled up? any issues with the pile freezing in winter? Pros/Cons?

Thanks!

100 bucks is cheap if in decent shape. Buy it and try it out. If you don't like it, resell it for a profit.

I piled 25+ cords last year and it seasoned just fine. Never had a complaint and it was the best year for referrals and repeats.

We have been stacking the wood so far this year, just to make sure it dries out and it takes a lot longer to process!

A conveyor rates right up there with a dump-bed, 6-way splitter wedge, and grapple-truck when it comes to work-saving machines. But for <10 cords, why bother? Why would you not stack your own 8-9 cords? Its the consensus here that piles never really season and often mold and rot in the middle.

Thanks for the replies.... Think I am going to stick with stacking it for now.. I guess if I were to process and sell it would be a different story.

Cheers!

Thanks for the replies.... Think I am going to stick with stacking it for now.. I guess if I were to process and sell it would be a different story.

Cheers!

I will be stacking but am looking for one just to move the wood to where I want to stack it. Seems so much easier.

Whats the length of the conveyor? Do you know what hp the motor is? If its got low enough gearing i wouldnt think it would be a problem. Heck for $100 I would by it regardless. Even if its only 8-15ft it would be good enough for me to get the splits away from the splittor

it doesn't actually have a motor on it right now, I was just gonna pick up a cheap motor and slap it on.

Never thought of it just to move the wood from the splitting area, could be a good use for it!

You may be able to adapt the PTO off your tractor.(if you have a tractor) That way, you could use it far from electric. One less motor to worry about.

Latest posts

Back