cool bar covers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Smokey Bear covers are way cool, I've got about 6 or 7... some have him on both sides or Homelite on one side and him the other. Stihl made a few with just the logo on them, harder to find but out there. Think I have one of them. Used to be that the saw shop gave them on a new saw, not anymore.... shows my age i guess, also when customer service was everything!

I know andydodgegeek has some practical ones that are made out of some old nylon kind if firehouse tubing stuff sewn together on the end and marked for the correct bar length. Not super pretty, but awfully functional.

masute3u.jpg

5u8any3e.jpg

ata7uqeq.jpg

Mine are custom leather. I really like the look and function.

I don't have anything cool, but I did buy some old saws locally from an older guy that was obviously a saw nut and a very good woodworker. The saws he used had wooden bar covers he made, with the day of the week burned into them. He had saws for each day of the week. Very cool, and I'm sorry not to have gotten pictures while I was there.

I've encountered a few of the fire hose material ones. I had a cool 1980s Sachs Dolmar one...but gave it away on Friday to a customer who's not got much money, so no pics!

Latest posts

Back