Cool old machine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet you have to drive a stake in the ground to see it move.

everyone wore white shirts and ties back then.........

cool machine tho. would love to try one out.

Been trying to figure out the fish hook in the thing. Had to be one or it would have been huge and well known. Must have been a reason it didn't fly.

Been trying to figure out the fish hook in the thing. Had to be one or it would have been huge and well known. Must have been a reason it didn't fly.

maybe too slow..?

we gotta go 100 mph these days...not 6 to 10 mph.

the snowmobile probably put that one on the shelves.

That's so cool! Archimedes lives!

Another problem I see with it is that it looks extremely dangerous if you're unfortunate enough to get any body part or clothing caught in the screws.

The Russians experimented with the design as well. I would assume the idea didn't take, not because it didn't work, but because some big money didn't want it to move forward.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1uynmApjhWI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1uynmApjhWI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's so cool! Archimedes lives!

Another problem I see with it is that it looks extremely dangerous if you're unfortunate enough to get any body part or clothing caught in the screws.

The drive system off the PTO is also a nightmare waiting to happen.

If that thing was still on the market it would have 500lbs of guards and shields hanging off the back end. LOL!!

Ya gotta love the thing!

A might bit top heavy, but what a hoot it would be.

I wonder what adjusted cost would be for today.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

NOPE--about 10 mph top speed---my only question--how much could it pull???

Oly,

Further on in the video they have it pulling two sleds filled with logs.

It's pulling power would be limited by the surface of what it's on.

Wet snow would be better than powder, Mud better than Ice, etc.

Gotta get power to the ground.

Then again, if what you're pulling is on a sled it changes everything.

I'm sitting here thinking the worm drive might be better than tracks in my Blueberry patch. Tracks are a pain to maintain with the Bogeys going bad so often. This drive concept would be GREAT!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

A few years ago on the tv show Junk Yard Wars one of the teams made a contraption like that.
I dont remember if it worked that well though :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back