coooool but no fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys, COOOl in northern Indiana this morning. 47 degrees and no fire, the local OWB ordinance still in effect till Sept 15 before I can fire the Hardy. Not a huge deal but I would really like a super hot shower at the cost of fire wood not gas or electric. SOOON!!! The Hoosier

cooool

Yep love the cool. 60 degrees is my temp but still want that cheap hot water!! The ordinance allows OWB to function from September 15th till May 15th then shut them down or pay $100.00/day fine. So far I have heard that they have enforced that part. Further burn what your factory recommended for your unit no plastic, rubber, kreasote wood, painted wood basically anything beyond standard fire wood is prohibited. The wood is not so much an issue its the time limits. the Hoosier

Enforced by the health department, plus you have to register your unit!

Yep love the cool. 60 degrees is my temp but still want that cheap hot water!! The ordinance allows OWB to function from September 15th till May 15th then shut them down or pay $100.00/day fine. So far I have heard that they have enforced that part. Further burn what your factory recommended for your unit no plastic, rubber, kreasote wood, painted wood basically anything beyond standard fire wood is prohibited. The wood is not so much an issue its the time limits. the Hoosier

I'm guessing you live in a urban area of our fine state.

Can't say that I agree with the regulation unless you are in a rather urban area, but it is certainly better than an all out ban, and the time frame does fit what I would expect in that area. Keep on cooking.! :clap:

Latest posts

Back