Copper grease! Any experience?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have bought some copper grease and would like to use it on bearings and other parts. Does anyone use it and have experience with it?

How about using it on crank shaft? Just a thin coating would work for ever.

Copper is softer than steel so the "greasy" effect would last when the grease component is gone.

7sleeper

You surely can't be talking about grease with copper shavings in it....

hmmm metal shavings in grease good for bearings.....lol

Seriously though, never seen it in grease, but anti-seize/never seize. We use the copper never seize on higher temp applications with good results.

I use it in muffler studs and bolts on chainsaws.

The other is a very low speed grease for refractory kiln bearings and such

Yup.....I can't remember the name of the stuff but it was a mix of metals in a paste with a brush cap and looked almost exactly like the graphite never seize but it held like a son of a gun in high heat applications with no seizing and galling

Yup.....I can't remember the name of the stuff but it was a mix of metals in a paste with a brush cap and looked almost exactly like the graphite never seize but it held like a son of a gun in high heat applications with no seizing and galling
Heading is a lot of pressure and heat, extrusion and all. With titanium we would run it thru an induction heater just so we could head it.

Is it called "copper-kote"???

That is anti seize compound and definitely not something you want to use in place of grease. We use it on well "sucker rod" joints and do call it "grease" but Im positive you wouldnt want to use it for greasing bearings.

Is it called "copper-kote"???

That is anti seize compound and definitely not something you want to use in place of grease. We use it on well "sucker rod" joints and do call it "grease" but Im positive you wouldnt want to use it for greasing bearings.

Isn't there also a "Copper Kote" gasket cement?

I use stuff called Copper Safe for electrical connections, powderd copper in an electrically conductive grease.

Good stuff, plus it repeats everywhere, misuse it and youll be finding it allover for weeks.:dizzy:

I used to use Quaker state golden chasie lube. it was a medium(allpurpose) grease with copper in it greate for u-joints, ball-joints and such but not for high speed bearings.

Latest posts

Back