Cord wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarineScott

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What is the price of cord wood in your area , or how much do you charge?
I sold wood 2 yrs ago for $150/cord (red & white oak and some maple)....people complained I was too high.
They also want it delivered and stacked for free.......NO WAY!!!
I don't sell wood any more because that is now my primary heat.

What is the price of cord wood in your area , or how much do you charge?
I sold wood 2 yrs ago for $150/cord (red & white oak and some maple)....people complained I was too high.
They also want it delivered and stacked for free.......NO WAY!!!
I don't sell wood any more because that is now my primary heat.

i deliver free and just through it of the back of the truck if they want it stacked it's $30 and if we have to carry it more than 10 yards it's $50 needless to say we don't do much stacking which is what the stacking is designed to do

$135-150 we deliver free. Price varies on if they want all Oak, Hackberry, Osage Orange (which normally isn't what a normal stove can handle),Honey Locust, and Black Locust.

here in centeral mn. i get 225.00 for red oak.. come cold and snow (below 32) its 270.00 a cord! delivered free up to 35 miles and stacking is 30.00 off the back of the truck..... any further than 5 steps away and the use of a wheel barrow its 50.00 to 75.00 bucks per cord!!!!

Here in my area, where you can't swing a cat without hitting a tree, oak is going for around $200 delivered, madrone $250, and fir anywhere from 112-160. Green wood will save you 20 bucks. 60,000 square miles of trees, but not for just anybody. FYI, if you are caught swinging a cat into a tree you will get free heat, 3 meals a day, medical and dental, and basic cable for 1-3 years. If you swing a person into a tree you get a disapproving look.

We dont sell it buy the cord. Around 40-60 a truckload stacked even with the bed. Some of the richer people will pay $10 for 10 pieces of wood. They dont burn wood full time, they just like to have a fire every now and then. I need to get a pic of the guy who pulls a trailer around with his cavalier selling wood.

$190 on low side $300 on high, bulk of ads in th225-250 mark and of course it's all " seasoned" , just ain't sure what kind of seasoning they all are using.

150/cord green and 195/cord seasoned at least one year. $15 fuel surcharge if I have to go more than 10 miles. All wood is stacked neatly in a pile once I drop the tailgate and hit a button. I'll put the tailgate anywhere on your property you would like...but you may not like the results. Never had a year where I didn't consider dipping into the personal stash for the house.

$150 for you pick from my pile. $185 Delivered, and thrown off the trailer, or I'll help stack if the customer helps too.
I sell most to regular customers who come pick it up at my place. Works better for everyone.

?? NO WONDER YOUR POOR ?? LOL just kidding hey!

I'm sure he is talking about 1/3 cord. I have noticed in certain parts of the country, including mine, firewood is bought and sold as a "cord," "face cord," "rick," or even "chord" and it is all referring to 1/3 cord of firewood. You could list your cord (128 cu ft) for $100 and it wouldn't sell because everyone would think it is too expensive for 16" X 4' X 8' of firewood. I know, I know....enough about that, it's been discussed in great detail around here already.

A cord, or 128 cu ft, sells for $140-$160 in northern Michigan. 1/3 cord sells for $50-$70. Maybe a little less the further north you go.

Back