corrosion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flushcut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A sad day for me I just found out that my beloved 372xp has the corrosion. It is a fast moving strain that came on strong and fast with in two weeks. I am hopeful that treatment is available. I have done a search and found some old information from 08 and 05. If anybody has found a new and better cure please let me know. I think that I have found it early enough to stop it. Thanks for helping and rember to check your saws regularly together we can beat this.
:cheers:

Are you talking about the concrete cancer that forms on the bottom of the saw from sitting on the floor. If thats the case just put a piece of wood under the saw and remove the existing corrosion and repaint the affected parts with the proper color paint.

It is corrosion on the inside of the clutch cover. I was dumbfounded when I saw it and a true WTF moment. The last tree I had used that saw on was a really wet cottonwood and did not get around to cleaning it up until two weeks later. That s!!t come on quick so I want to stop it and save my baby girl from fading away! In the other posts they mentioned use of chemicals that I have no idea where to get them or will navel jelly work or some other commonly available product work?:)

revival of an old thread. I have a few saws that have the concrete crud, case corrosion, wet rot... whatever you want to call it. The OP didn't share the solutions he found in the 05 and 08 threads. I've got the rot on my clutch cover and would like to know how to fix it if possible...? I know to keep them off the floor and all but wondering if anyone has used a body filler to fix the divits in the case. The clutch cover is completly eaten through so I'd like to fill the holes and repaint. Plastic body filler or bondo, Primer, Sealer? Does anyone have regiment that works good?

revival of an old thread. I have a few saws that have the concrete crud, case corrosion, wet rot... whatever you want to call it. The OP didn't share the solutions he found in the 05 and 08 threads. I've got the rot on my clutch cover and would like to know how to fix it if possible...? I know to keep them off the floor and all but wondering if anyone has used a body filler to fix the divits in the case. The clutch cover is completly eaten through so I'd like to fill the holes and repaint. Plastic body filler or bondo, Primer, Sealer? Does anyone have regiment that works good?

The only thing I have used for filling in some small pits and such is JB weld. Cleaning is really important.

Latest posts

Back