Corvette Towing a Wood Splitter!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Lord...............Say it isn't so.:dizzy:

idgokz.jpg

Het C5rulz, it was a red vette, sure it wasn't you? :rock::msp_wink:

Finally! Someone found something useful for a corvette! I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that he didn't take the splitter to the woods with it though.

I have never been a fan of the corvette, mostly because of the hay rack type ride, the uncomfortable seats, the degree of impossibility getting in and out of it, and the arrogance of most owners! lol Well, that's been my experience anyway!

Ted

Finally! Someone found something useful for a corvette! I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that he didn't take the splitter to the woods with it though.

I have never been a fan of the corvette, mostly because of the hay rack type ride, the uncomfortable seats, the degree of impossibility getting in and out of it, and the arrogance of most owners! lol Well, that's been my experience anyway!

Ted

lol...i was afraid to knock them myself.

i foolishly owned a '81 vette....nice looking cars, but the damn things are money pits. when you buy parts, just mention the word "corvette" and there's a 100% price increase...and the damn part was probably also used on any common GM car as well.

after spending most of my living hours working in, under or around that damn piece of crap, i wised up and sold it...for a loss, but it was worth the loss just to get rid of it.

I had a 76 that I did a ten year spare time frame up restoration on, custom paint, built motor, 4 point cage, rock crusher tranny and new everything from springs to T tops. Gave it to my son for his 20th birthday last year and he has had a lot of fun driving it and going to cruise/track events, they are definitely a young mans toy and not practical. There is something therapeutic about listening to a big cam 358 idle though!

I had a 76 that I did a ten year spare time frame up restoration on, custom paint, built motor, 4 point cage, rock crusher tranny and new everything from springs to T tops. Gave it to my son for his 20th birthday last year and he has had a lot of fun driving it and going to cruise/track events, they are definitely a young mans toy and not practical. There is something therapeutic about listening to a big cam 358 idle though!

I gave my son a stock Toyota Echo, 5-speed stick, 1.6 l engine (1.4?). He drives it like someone with a 'vette or a 'stang.

It's pretty snappy if you just have a driver and a quarter tank of gas to reduce the load.:msp_rolleyes:

I gave my son a stock Toyota Echo, 5-speed stick, 1.6 l engine (1.4?). He drives it like someone with a 'vette or a 'stang.

It's pretty snappy if you just have a driver and a quarter tank of gas to reduce the load.:msp_rolleyes:

My wood hauling truck feels like a rocket ship when I drive it after I remove my 12,000lb trailer...... lol

i left mine all original. that 350 engine was a real sled and a slob on gas. hard to believe GM made a 350 that only had 190 hp.

but, yea, it was fun to cruise around in. we drove it to the corvette shows in Carlisle, Pa and to one up in Wassaga Beach Canada.

but, as gas prices rose, the fun of driving it went away. that 3 speed auto didn't do much for those mpg's...especially if you opened the 4 barrel.

two happiest days was buying it and selling it.

Maybe it was Brad . I think he was in Finley over the weekend . Post some pics Brad . Merry Christmas to all

It not uncommon as indicated in earlier post. Lot's of the earlier gen vette's pulled trailers also - full frame and powerful V8. What's not to like...?

And the technology is ALWAYS trickling down to the pickups from the performance leaders (Chevy, Ford, Dodge, heck even Toyota etc). That being said, I would never put a hitch on one.

Latest posts

Back