Cottonwood project !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limbwalker71

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
my 100ft 13.5' in circumference huge cottonwood project for this fall , cant charge for this one ! its mine this time :cool2:
its a big1 ! I know pics dnt do it justice , lower mich. here , gonna be a nice climb .

Last edited:
You gonna make firewood outta that tree?

dont want to really , ive been pruning it for years , its just gettin so big , its starting to die i think , im the type of tree trimmer that dont like to take a tree down if it dnt need it , ;)

dont want to really , ive been pruning it for years , its just gettin so big , its starting to die i think , im the type of tree trimmer that dont like to take a tree down if it dnt need it , ;)

I'm the same way. Sometimes you just have to take one down though. We had a big silver maple out back like that.
It was too tall to prune since I don't climb. Rotted at the base. It didn't look bad, but was becoming a danger if it
fell. We got a decent amount of firewood out of it, and planted a new seedling in it's place. Someone will get to
enjoy it when we're long gone.

View attachment 248686View attachment 248687View attachment 248688
I'm the same way. Sometimes you just have to take one down though. We had a big silver maple out back like that.
It was too tall to prune since I don't climb. Rotted at the base. It didn't look bad, but was becoming a danger if it
fell. We got a decent amount of firewood out of it, and planted a new seedling in it's place. Someone will get to
enjoy it when we're long gone.

thats true , im gonna put a mt ash in its place i think , got a small redwood , and a mt ash here allready i planted some years ago , , but yea there's alota wood there ,

Last edited:
thats true , im gonna put a mt ash in its place i think , got a small redwood , and a mt ash here allready i planted some years ago , , but yea there's alota wood there ,

We've always got some seedlings going in pots to add to the property. Mostly maple, oak, and mulberry. That cottonwood will
burn, but it's not real high btu-wise.

I did what i thought was freebie a months ago for my MIL and FIL it was a monster i took the bucket up 65ft then climbed from there. So after it was all done and we were eating dinner my FIL went to the basement and came back with a shiny new 562xp and lets just say I felt like a 5 year old on Christmas Day.

my FIL went to the basement and came back with a shiny new 562xp and lets just say I felt like a 5 year old on Christmas Day.

Nice "gift". I don't know much about Huskies, but I think that's a helluva saw. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back