could a falty coil cause surging?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polkat

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I am working on a franken saw and was wondering if a coil that is going bad cause it to bog at WOT. the saw will idle great but when you are at WOT it will bog and will not rev?///

Last edited:
I have too little experience to say anything for sure, but to me it sounds fuel related. From working on other engines, I'd say the carb isn't keeping up at WOT. Again, this is just a semi-educated guess.

I would richen the H on the carb 1/8 of a turn and see if that helps. It sounds fuel related. To the best of my knowledge either your coil works or doesn't work.

Coils can cause problems at WOT but usually it cuts oor misses rather than bogs. I would check the fuel system. Maybe the tank vent. Could just need a good carb cleaning

I am digging a little deeper but thats been my guess as a fuel related issue I redone the carb and double cheked that seem good, it wont get WOT and pulses at full throttle, it idles great but when you grab a finger full it pulses and will not rev. back the the drawing board thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back