could it be the crab

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donthraen

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a jonsered 450 today it was going real good then out of the blue it acted like it ran out of fuel and shuts off but will start rite up again for a short time but if I let it cool it runs longer the cooler it gets the longer it runs till it gets hot again it gets irritating and makes the job longer could it knead a carb job what do you think it does have new lines

Last edited:
I never heard of a crab job, that sounds kinda personal... possibly a carb job. LOL I would check the easy stuff first, like the fuel lines, tank vent and impulse.

Crabs are bad! Carbs are good! :D :D

It could also be your coil or other ignition fault. When it's all heated up and then won't run, pull the plug and check for spark. No spark and you've likely got an ignition problem, with the coil the likely suspect. Spark and you've likely got a fuel delivery problem.

Last edited:
I never heard of a crab job, that sounds kinda personal... possibly a carb job. LOL I would check the easy stuff first, like the fuel lines, tank vent and impulse.

sorry didn't notes the crabs maybe that's y saw don't work rite L.O.L. but the lines are new I thought it mite be the tank vent or impulse but don't no how to check and all shops are closed by 12 noon around here till Monday thank you and I will get meds for the crabs also

Those crabs are nasty tempered critters at best of times.
I bet he's overheating under there and has found a remedy.
Its possible he's learn't to pinch the fuel line with those pincers of his and starve the engine of fuel. :hmm3grin2orange:

Those crabs are nasty tempered critters at best of times.
I bet he's overheating under there and has found a remedy.
Its possible he's learn't to pinch the fuel line with those pincers of his and starve the engine of fuel. :hmm3grin2orange:

I checked for line pinch had nun and filter is good also.Its kinda cool out tonight you think the crabs will leave

Last edited:
I checked for line pinch had nun and filter is good also.Its kinda cool out tonight you think the crabs will leave

Crab lice don't care about outside temps. They are geared for a different environment. :D :D

As I and others have said, look to testing the spark. You'll be glad you did, because it'll tell you whether you have an ignition or a fuel problem (I'm betting ignition). :)

Last edited:
Crab lice don't care about outside temps. They are geared for a different environment. :D :D

As I and others have said, look to testing the spark. You'll be glad you did, because it'll tell you whether you have an ignition or a fuel problem (I'm betting ignition). :)

going to try that in the morning but i did notes the gas tank gets lots UV pressure in it wen i open the cap its like shaking up a beer and opening it sprays everywhere but will check ignition first like i said didn't think of that till you said it thanks:cheers:

going to try that in the morning but i did notes the gas tank gets lots UV pressure in it wen i open the cap its like shaking up a beer and opening it sprays everywhere but will check ignition first like i said didn't think of that till you said it thanks:cheers:

Sounds like you have an issue with the gas tank vent. One more thing to check. :)

If your tank is building that much pressure, it is definitely the tank vent! Start there, as that is not right for sure!

Latest posts

Back