couldn't resist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bang

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found it on CL, guy wanted to meet at a public place and come to find out we live on the same road less than a mile apart. The saw is in pretty good shape, starts, runs and oils, oh and the price was right. I'll take it on a test drive next week after I sharpen the chain.

Attachments

• 299.jpg
    299.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • 300.jpg
    300.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
cs56 same as efco 156 and 956 (i think) 56 cc, 4.1 hp saw 20" bar. Great reviews but parts hard to get. It won't be my go to saw just occasional use.

Tried the JD CS56 on a test round and wouldn't cut straight and not getting enough oil. Sharpened the chain, dressed and flipped the bar and cleaned oil holes.. Chain had a tight/loose spot but I tried it anyway in some sugar. It has rs chain and I'm unable to read the brand name on the 20" bar but it I can see made in Aus....so I guess it's Australia or maybe Austria. I was extremely happy with the power as it never bogged bucking 16-18" rounds and sounded like it picked up rpms as it went. That's the good news, bad news is the chain came off while limbing with the side of the bar parallel to the ground, my guess is it needs a new sprocket. The weight doesn't feel excessive. After I lost the chain I used my 028S (20" bar) and it had less power and the weight felt similar but I haven't put either on a scale.

Latest posts

Back