Couple days: the Stihl price increase is here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveH

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I know this has probably been run to death, but I just did a search and can't see it. Yesterday, I fooled around Denver going to several Stihl dealers hoping someone would make me a deal on a 441, new or lightly used. I don't need it, wouldn't be looking except for this site [uh, thanks, I think]. The folks all told me about the price increase Jan. 1, I'd heard about but didn't pay attention. One showed me a letter from Stihl listing the increases, which go by size of saw, more or less. $60 for the 441, $70 for the larger ones. Well, that's life, and all that stuff.

But the upshot was that no one was gonna let a 441 go for less than $799 plus tax, one place was $839 [all with 25" ES bar]. All told me that if I waited til Jan. 1, I'd be lookin' at $859 or more. For the 441.

Oh well, like I said, I wanted one but don't NEED one, I came home without one. I support my dealers so I wasn't looking for one to go broke selling to me at a loss, and I know from this forum that the margin on saws most places isn't huge, so there is limited room to bargain much. No one was willing to even throw in a loop of chain. Again, I support dealers and am not disgusted or angry or anything, and I'll keep going back to them. But I was a customer who just needed that one little nudge and didn't get it.

I guess this post is to point out to anyone on the edge of buying a new Stihl saw might wanna consider doing it in the next couple days.....

if the prices out here get any higher im gonna get a house in the pnw next to andys shop lol seriously though if im near Wa im gonna drop in to andys shop and buy all the parts ill ever need and save atleast 1k in doing so

Heck, You just need to go pay a visit to Tommie. Just remember to cover one ear so you can retain all that vast knowledge & wisdom that He'll pour in.
He likely be genurous enough to split a pair of those roll up foam ear plugs with you & another customer in the event your arm gets tired. How ever lighter the wallet is a going out the door, the LOADS you'll be a carrying will likely be with, and serve you for a looong time.

:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back