Couple pics from today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTWoodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Dropped this dead maple today. It was right next to one of my 4wheeler trails. It was a great tree to try out my new 440 on. LOVE that saw!
View attachment 277319View attachment 277320
Here is the 440 on the stump, it has a 20" bar, stump was 28".
View attachment 277321View attachment 277322
I know my hinge sucks, I don't often drop trees that much bigger then my bar.
And here is the current stable of saws. 440, 361, 261 masterminded, 350. I don't use the 361 hardly at all now, will probably give it back to my uncle.
View attachment 277323
I dropped a few more today but a friggin blizzard rolled in and I retreated to the garage for some beers. Good day off!

Nice work. Looks like a fun day. Let em fall!:chainsawguy:

I'm jealous. I have wood to harvest but family commitments and a sore elbow kept me from partaking. Still split some rounds but nothings more fun than dropping trees, especially when they land somewhere other than on me.

glad to see an actual firewood post here, but damn, your saws all look brand new

I guess 14 years in Army gives me a little OCD, I like to keep all my things clean. The saws get plenty nasty but I enjoy having a few beers and cleaning them up after a day cutting. In all fairness the 261 was bought in october and the 440 is only a week old.

one of these things is not like the other.

i suggest a 25 or 28" bar for that 440. get it ported too

I love my 350! But it is the odd ball, at least till I get a 395xp...
I thought about a 25" bar on the 440 but a tree like today is rare, 20" covers pretty much all I need.

Nice, I love the snow. I vote you put a 28" bar on that beast and keep the 361 with a 20". Saves a lot of time if you ever do get into the 24"-28" stems.

Matt

Looks like a nice day off. Nothing wrong with taking care of your equipment, that's how it lasts:angry: I'd keep the 361 and run that Husky over with the truck then light it on fire:hmm3grin2orange:
Cutting trees sure is thirsty work!:cheers:

Looks like you had fun today! With a ported 261 that 361 is kinda pointless, dont blame ya for thinking of giving it back.

Back