"Coveted" new Stihl cap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roostersgt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Went to my buddy's saw shop and learned he just got back from a Stihl training seminar. Apparently, only he and one other dealer/service tech received perfect scores on the testing they were required to particpate in. He gave me his new Stihl Silver Qualified hat, as he doesn't wear them. He also is giving me a couple of really great looking "broken" Stihl 028's he has had laying on his shop floor for months that customers abandoned as "junk". Can't wait to start building them up.

DSCN1352.jpg

DSCN1351-1.jpg

nice cap!

but I clicked on this thread in hopes there would finally be a resolution to "flippy caps" and all the drama surrounding them:blob2:

Xdmp22, I was thinking the same thing exactly. Roostersgt, nice hat I had never seen one, never heard of that qualification either. Cool stuff.

Why would you wear a cap that identifies you as a Stihl silver qualified technician when you aren't one?

Wow! I'm also not a freaking pro ball player, but I wear several pro ball team hats. One of the dumbest responses I've come across yet. Sure didn't expect it on this site. Think before responding, you've embarrassed yourself.

Why would you wear a cap that identifies you as a Stihl silver qualified technician when you aren't one?

Do i detect a hint of jealousy here...:msp_tongue:

Funny ya know, i'm picturing you in the bush, in that hat with every man and his dog flocking around with their Stihl asking for a tune-up...

Sorry if the thread was a bit misleading. I didn't even consider the flippy cap issue. Only fix is for string trimmers etc.... saws Stihl excluded. Had to laugh when someone suggested guys would approach me in the woods to tune their saws. Most of my wood comes from neighbors yards and they don't own a saw. I get the fun of doing the cutting. Was given another hat too. And no, I'm not claiming to be a graduate of Stihl University. Their football team is in a rebuilding year, so I wasn't interested. LOL.

What really makes these caps special, and collectable, is you can't just purchase them.

DSCN1354.jpg

Xdmp22, I was thinking the same thing exactly. Roostersgt, nice hat I had never seen one, never heard of that qualification either. Cool stuff.

Stihl has a Gold Certified qualification also, but you have to attend the same class at the Germany location. Not many attend due of the costs associated with travel and shop closing. The incentives for attending the classes are discounts on parts for the dealership and warranty reimbursments. Not all shops pay the same for parts. Very well constructed cap. Heavy, heavy embroidery work.

Wow! I'm also not a freaking pro ball player, but I wear several pro ball team hats. One of the dumbest responses I've come across yet. Sure didn't expect it on this site. Think before responding, you've embarrassed yourself.

I wonder why you would wear a cap that claims you have a certification that you don't have. I guess it is like the guys at the gun shows who wear full military camo. It must make you feel like a real man, eh? But then again maybe it is like when you wear the cap from a pro ball team. You know you will never be that good but you want to feel part of the team. BTW did you watch the last summer Olympics. If so do you walk around in a Speedo? On second thought don't answer that question.

Last edited:
Oh. and just so everyone knows, I should not have responded at all to this thread. The OP explained it all in the title. To covet means to desire what belongs to another person. Nuff said?

Stihl has a Gold Certified qualification also, but you have to attend the same class at the Germany location. Not many attend due of the costs associated with travel and shop closing. The incentives for attending the classes are discounts on parts for the dealership and warranty reimbursments. Not all shops pay the same for parts. Very well constructed cap. Heavy, heavy embroidery work.
Norm I believe the stihl dealer in cloverdale is a gold dealer.

brother inlaw is a dealer in NJ, he got his gold certification in Virginia beach

http://www.perr.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5436

Last edited:
I wonder why you would wear a cap that claims you have a certification that you don't have. I guess it is like the guys at the gun shows who wear full military camo. It must make you feel like a real man, eh? But then again maybe it is like when you wear the cap from a pro ball team. You know you will never be that good but you want to feel part of the team. BTW did you watch the last summer Olympics. If so do you walk around in a Speedo? On second thought don't answer that question.

I'm speechless that you continue to respond in such a manner, just go away. You're posting dumber stuff by the minute.

Back