CRack it the Bottom of the elbow in a through the wall kit.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hearnoevil

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Cleaned my chimney yesterday, and inspected it, found something that made me sick. A crack in the bottom of the Elbow in the Through the wall kit.

My elbow is an older one, the bottom does not come out of it.

Couple questions can I just buy this elbow or do I have to buy the whole kit with the wall mount?

Also is there a trick to sporting the Chimney so that I can change this or does the whole Chimney have to come down.

Thanks

Cleaned my chimney yesterday, and inspected it, found something that made me sick. A crack in the bottom of the Elbow in the Through the wall kit.

My elbow is an older one, the bottom does not come out of it.

Couple questions can I just buy this elbow or do I have to buy the whole kit with the wall mount?

Also is there a trick to sporting the Chimney so that I can change this or does the whole Chimney have to come down.

Thanks

can you post some pic's

Not really, I have it put together now.

Its the elbow here,

6313100.jpg

I'm scared if the second peice cracked the Chimmey would be like a blow torch

Good heads up that you caught it. I'd bring that or a new piece to an auto body shop and ask if they beef it up and mig weld it.

What kind of pipe is it. I think Simpsons duratech has like a 25 year warranty on it. Check warranty possibilities also.

Not sure what kind.

I checked on the price of a new one, it's 189 not too bad.

I'm worried about getting it apart now.

Back