Craftsman 358.355050

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turd Furgeson

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Picked up this little saw from a co-worker. I couldn't find any information about it online. Does anybody know the specs? I assumed it's made by poulan, it's a full metal body saw.

Thanks,

TF

Poulan 1800, 2000, or 2300. Great little limbing and camping saws. Fuel lines are normally the first thing to go bad. Easy saws to work on, were made by the gazillions, parts are everywhere.

The rooster tail is normal if ya ever run it with the air filter cover off.

Poulan 1800, 2000, or 2300. Great little limbing and camping saws. Fuel lines are normally the first thing to go bad. Easy saws to work on, were made by the gazillions, parts are everywhere.

The rooster tail is normal if ya ever run it with the air filter cover off.

Cool, how do I tell which poulan model it is?

As for the picture I stole it off the auction. The saw i got is completely covered in thick dust.

Clean her up and post a picture of it. we'll be able to hook you up with a model. More then likely it's an 1800 or 2000 if it is like the picture in the auction. The 2300 had vibration isolators on the handle.

Cool, how do I tell which poulan model it is?

As for the picture I stole it off the auction. The saw i got is completely covered in thick dust.

Here's the link for the saw on the Sears parts lookup. The cylinder part # looks up to be a Poulan Micro XXV part. I just picked a random part to lookup as the picture could have been any number of saw models.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/All-Products-Parts/Model-358355050/0247/1503200?pathTaken=

The Micro does look almost identical to the 2000. Many on here refer the the 1800/2000/2300 as Micro's.

Last edited:
Clean her up and post a picture of it. we'll be able to hook you up with a model. More then likely it's an 1800 or 2000 if it is like the picture in the auction. The 2300 had vibration isolators on the handle.

I'll have to do that. It does have a rubber isolator on the handle. But it's only on the upper side where it attaches to the saw. The bottom of the handle bolts directly to the casing.

I'll have to do that. It does have a rubber isolator on the handle. But it's only on the upper side where it attaches to the saw. The bottom of the handle bolts directly to the casing.

Did you ever figure out what model poulan this is? I have one of them as well and would like to know more about it.

20160603_124420.jpg 20160603_124409.jpg

This is what mine looks like. I know it needs cleaned up and it is mossing parts in the pics, but I have already started to pull it apart. Any insight as to what poulan it is would be nice.

Thanks for the info. Either this saw has problems on the inside or it has some hellish compression because it pulls pretty hard. I have the muffler apart and the piston looks nice and smooth.

Thanks for the info. Either this saw has problems on the inside or it has some hellish compression because it pulls pretty hard. I have the muffler apart and the piston looks nice and smooth.
They are great little saws for their size. I've got one I've had for over 30 yrs. Still runs. BTW, this thread is so old that some of the original posters may not be subscribed to it anymore.

They are great little saws for their size. I've got one I've had for over 30 yrs. Still runs. BTW, this thread is so old that some of the original posters may not be subscribed to it anymore.

I realize that, just figured I would revive it.

Well I pulled my saw apart and measured the piston with my calipers. The piston measure 36.4mm and I know the stroke of the poulan 1800/2000 is 31.7mm. So that calculates to being 33cc, which is 2 cubic inches. So that means that it is the same as a poulan 2000, as long as it has the original p&c. I can't guarantee that because all of that has been apart. The reason I know it has been apart is because the original cylinder gasket is missing. I have no idea what the history is on this saw.

Does anyone have or know of an alternative part that can be used to replace the discontinued oil seals on this saw? I have been trying to find some this morning, with not much luck. I tried ordering them through sears because they said they were in stock. Then I get an email that they have been discontinued and I am being refunded my money. I know that the ID is .463, the OD is .754 and the width is .150. I have found them on ebay, but don't want to pay 3 times the price for one.

Does anyone have or know of an alternative part that can be used to replace the discontinued oil seals on this saw? I have been trying to find some this morning, with not much luck. I tried ordering them through sears because they said they were in stock. Then I get an email that they have been discontinued and I am being refunded my money. I know that the ID is .463, the OD is .754 and the width is .150. I have found them on ebay, but don't want to pay 3 times the price for one.

Found in another thread, just search for the seal here on AS by part number.
Double check the seal number with the manufacturers web site for the type (garter spring, dual lip, etc) as there may be typos though.

http://www2.chicago-rawhide.com/popup_parts_lookup_457010.htm

"For the crank seals, go to your local Husqvarna dealer and ask for two 530019059 crank seals. Tell 'em they're for a Husqvarna 23C tophandle saw. That was a Poulan Micro series saw that was rebadged for Husky. They take the same seals as these little Homelites (and Homelite E-Z/Super E-Z saws BTW). They'll be something like $4 each from your dealer or any other Husqvarna/Poulan outlet. If for some reason you can't go that route, you can get SKF 4913 seals from a bearing house or auto parts outlet..."

Found in another thread, just search for the seal here on AS by part number.

"For the crank seals, go to your local Husqvarna dealer and ask for two 530019059 crank seals. Tell 'em they're for a Husqvarna 23C tophandle saw. That was a Poulan Micro series saw that was rebadged for Husky. They take the same seals as these little Homelites (and Homelite E-Z/Super E-Z saws BTW). They'll be something like $4 each from your dealer or any other Husqvarna/Poulan outlet. If for some reason you can't go that route, you can get SKF 4913 seals from a bearing house or auto parts outlet..."

Thanks for the heads up, especially on the SKF seals. I found that the Timken/National part number is 340847. I found those through O'Reilly Auto for $3.99 each.

No, those Timkens you quoted are springless grease seals...you did not do as I suggested & check the type out.

Have you already pulled out the seals & have them loose in your hand?

Latest posts

Back