Craftsman Poulan Carb Adapter Screws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyW in CT

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My buddy complained the saw wouldn't start. Took the cover off and found the carb adapter plate was hanging from the cylinder. The heads of the screws looked like a sheet metal screw with the hex and screwdriver slot. I was going to replace them with 10-24 x 1-3/16 lg SHCS and lockwashers so they don't vibrate loose again. Any thoughts? Thanks, Kenny in SW CT (55degrees in February?)

It's a 3400ish model. The Wire mesh air filter design looks like it is prone to sucking in junk, as evidenced by the sawdust and goop on the "inside" of the filter. I want to use the socket head cap screws because they are easier to reach and tighten than what's there without having to disassemble the saw. Kenny

My buddy complained the saw wouldn't start. Took the cover off and found the carb adapter plate was hanging from the cylinder. The heads of the screws looked like a sheet metal screw with the hex and screwdriver slot. I was going to replace them with 10-24 x 1-3/16 lg SHCS and lockwashers so they don't vibrate loose again. Any thoughts? Thanks, Kenny in SW CT (55degrees in February?)

yea part # 530015414 i would use some red locktight cause them screws do have a tendency to back out due to vibration issues i would not use lockwashers since that can cause a air leak instead just use the
locktight as long as you do not plan on removing that screws anymore that ought to work to keep that carb adaptor plate on make sure the adapter plate gasket is intact too with no tears or rips

if blue locktight or yellow locktight is available use that also since that is what other's use

How would lockwashers cause an air leak? Are the tapped holes in the cylinder for the adapter plate open to the cylinder? Thanks, Kenny

Latest posts

Back